1.    #1  
    As I stand right now I've lost everything on my sprint palm pre despite the fact that the USB part is not supposed to get wiped out it did. I got the dreaded no longer logged in to your profile. It reboot and then offered to restart or erase all data. Before deciding what to do I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to lose everything. Reading up from posts on the forum chosing erase all was supposed to leave my USB portion intact and let me log back into my profile then all I'd have to do is restore my stuff with preware and save/restore once the profile syncing was complete. For whatever reason it kept going back to the logged out dialog. Which left me with no choice but to use webos doctor to recover. Which is also not supposed to wipe the USB portion.

Somehow in all of that the USB portion got wiped and I've lost everything. I need to be able to recover the data that was there how can I go about doing this? I have to get it back because there is no way I can replace the info and data otherwise. I'm so freaking ticked right now it's not even funny. Palm says don't worry the USB part won't get erased by the process and it did. I could not access the USB drive mode due to the fact it was logged out of the profile or I could have copied everything from it.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    As I stand right now I've lost everything on my sprint palm pre despite the fact that the USB part is not supposed to get wiped out it did. I got the dreaded no longer logged in to your profile. It reboot and then offered to restart or erase all data.
    Did you try to just restart or did you choose erase all data?

Somehow in all of that the USB portion got wiped and I've lost everything. I need to be able to recover the data that was there how can I go about doing this?
    Sorry that happened. I'm not sure if you can recover the data on your USB portion or not, but did you not back that up prior to this? I backup everything from my USB section to my PC, just in case something like this happens.

I hope Palm is making this issue a top priority. This is happening way too much for it to be a "system glitch."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Did you try to just restart or did you choose erase all data?
    I chose erase, but both palm and reading up on the forum said that it would not erase the USB part.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    but did you not back that up prior to this?
    There was nothing I could do to get it in USB drive mode. I tried everything including option+sym+u.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I would PM HardBeatz if you haven't already, he may have a suggestion.

I could have sworn I've read posts where people were able to recover data from USB drive that was erased, it may have been just pictures. I'll see if I can locate the thread.
    I had the USB partition wiped and was able to recover many of my pics, videos and most importantly ZIP files from Save/Restore back using the free tool Recuva. Another tool to try is Testdisk/Photorec.

HTH, uwer
    Quote Originally Posted by uwer View Post
    I had the USB partition wiped and was able to recover many of my pics, videos and most importantly ZIP files from Save/Restore back using the free tool Recuva.
    Cool....I think your post was the one I was looking for.

Hope this solution works!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by uwer View Post
    I had the USB partition wiped and was able to recover many of my pics, videos and most importantly ZIP files from Save/Restore back using the free tool Recuva. Another tool to try is Testdisk/Photorec.

HTH, uwer
    I think this may have just saved me from a total meltdown I was almost to a point where I wanted to smash a whole in my wall (not literally but I was so mad my face was flush and hot). I recovered using Recuva 829 zip files and 1,771 files total. I'm pretty sure the rest are all images and many of them probably junk from apps. Do you think I should also scan and recover with Testdisk/Photorec?

In addition to that was a db file from the notes by inglorious folder which as long as it isn't corrupt that is probably all my notes. Even if it is one of those zip files is bound to be the backup of the app from save/restore. Now the fun part looking inside all 829 zip files to try and figure out which apps the data belongs to and then find out how I go about getting that back onto my pre.
    I think this may have just saved me from a total meltdown

I recovered using Recuva 829 zip files and 1,771 files total.
    That's good to hear. I'm bookmarking the app for future use, sounds like a winner.

Now, once you get back up and running, the first thing I would do would be to backup your USB section of your phone to a PC.
    I just restored a dead usb drive using R-studio. Excellent program. Try it.
  10.    #10  
    Wow it's going to take me days just to view the contents of all the zip files and organize them to begin the process of restoring the app data from them.

A little more info about what was recovered:

1 3gp audio/video file (windows media player won't play probably corrupted file)
    126 PDF appear to almost all be copies of open source info one (not sure why so many) and a few corrupt ones
    130 jpg album art from slacker and/or pandora
    6 jpg old background images or thumbnails of background images
    3 mp3 files from trapster
    601 png files some browser bookmark thumbnails, comics app icons, and VBA virtual control backgrounds
    Hi there!

I am in a similar position. My phone was messing up and I did a partial erase, not thinking that it would erase all my text messages and call log. I'm frustrated about that! If I would have realized, I would have backed up! :-/ Anyways, I was able to recover files in USB mode. I'm wondering how your adventure with that went? And also, if you know where the text files or database and call log files or database is located... and if it's even possible to somehow get that back on my phone. I have a Palm Pre. It's off. I'm almost afraid to use it because I don't want to overwrite any of those files...

Well, let me know.

Thanks!