1.    #1  
    Basically, my power button went buy buy (like disapiared, as Russian spy on Cyprus), so I drove to Verizon office (I have pre+). They did not have nay on hand, so I have one shipped to me.
    The question is: is there way to see if the phone is refurbish without activation? Because if it is can I pull power button from it and put it on mine?
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    Basically, my power button went buy buy (like disapiared, as Russian spy on Cyprus), so I drove to Verizon office (I have pre+). They did not have nay on hand, so I have one shipped to me.
    The question is: is there way to see if the phone is refurbish without activation? Because if it is can I pull power button from it and put it on mine?
    With sprint phones you would dial ##786#, I'm not sure if that work for verizon phones. There you can see Actdate/Recondate etc.
    I think with VZ phones, you have to dial star, something, something, something.

I just saw it here a couple of weeks ago. *239 maybe?

p.s. Yes, you can switch power buttons very easily. Take the back cover off the phone and then use a small pocketknife or eyeglasses screwdriver to pry the power button off.
    I suspect VZW is going to expect the original phone back, so if you take a part off the replacement and put it on your original, then return the replacement, you might run the risk that they will charge you for the replacement if they check and find out. Just something to consider...
    Last edited by RJKinsman; 08/08/2010 at 08:24 AM.
    Now that i'm fully awake, i realized it's not the actual power button that's at fault.
    It's the contact BELOW the power button and there are many threads here about how to fix that.

I would point you to them, but i don't have that extra minute. Just do a search here on power button.