1.    #1  
    ok guys im on my 4th replacement now, and god its slow.... so whats the best patch or w/e out there now, to speed up this snail.....

and how do i install it

Cheers
    There is no patch to speed up your Pre.
    Learn to live with it.
    No patches to speed it up... just kernels

Download "Preware" from WOSQI
    Then from Preware download "Uberkernel" and "Govnah"
    after you have them both installed open Govnah and change the profile to Screenstate 500/800

and that should speed things up a bit for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Learn to live with it.
    Lol, so true.
    But there are a few custom kernels by webos-internals. Uberkernel is the stable release so you might want to check into its thread and find out what's going on.
    You remind me of this other user, tomi666, think he used to say something about nam, you two know eachother!

(disclaimer: I haven't decided what that smiley means yet)

Pip
    Last edited by jbg7474; 08/07/2010 at 04:46 PM.
    we share the same carrier!
  7.    #7  
    listen, i asked, cause all the links that came up in the search came up with the 800mhz coding being removed....

as for the 800/500, when i went to dl uber, says its not available for the 1.4 os.....

hence me asking on here, being that most of us have the 1.4.5 im sure
    Last edited by jbg7474; 08/07/2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Language
  8. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    search for Preware. Learn it, get it, and come back if you still have questions. There's so much more than just overclocking available there...
  9.    #9  
    i have preware and i have my phone back to how my old one was, just needs to be faster... thats all i need now
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k3gixxer1000 View Post

as for the 800/500, when i went to dl uber, says its not available for the 1.4 os.....

hence me asking on here, being that most of us have the 1.4.5 im sure
    Sorry dont know why? Are you in the US?
    Im running my Uber on 1.4.1
  11.    #11  
    im in canada....
    im in canada....
    What webOS are you running? Uber will work for 1.4.1 up to 1.4.5.

Pip
  13.    #13  
    1.4.5, im just doing a restart of luna right now, see where we get
    1.4.5, im just doing a restart of luna right now, see where we get
    If you having problems with installing uber then read and report in its specific thread, I will also help in that thread if I can.
    But I will tell you that you need a full device restart after installing, not a luna (Some people forget this)

Pip
    preware, speed up card animations, uberkernel and govnah ftw, nothing else needs to be said.
    For what it's worth, I just changed my logging settings to "Minimal Logging" and that seems to have helped as well. Search these forums for how to do that. My Pre has never been faster (year-old Sprint Pre with 800mHz kernel, govnah, and minimal logging).
    Quote Originally Posted by mangalus3d View Post
    For what it's worth, I just changed my logging settings to "Minimal Logging" and that seems to have helped as well. Search these forums for how to do that. My Pre has never been faster (year-old Sprint Pre with 800mHz kernel, govnah, and minimal logging).
    You can just install the eom overlord service from Preware. I know its available for 1.4.5, not sure about 1.4.1.1 though.

Edit: Scratch that for a sec, I can't seem to find it atm, you can also use Jason Robitaille's patch to do the same thing.

Edit2: Have had confirmation from this thread, last post, that eom overlord has been withdrawn. Not sure why.
    Pip
    Last edited by pip smith; 08/07/2010 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Learn to live with it.
    Sorry, off topic.

But GuyFromNam I can't PM you anymore but I liked the offer of the palm pixi plus.

Please get in touch!