1.    #1  
    So i woke up this morning and my phone was on the Touchshone and screen was blacked out i tried to turn it on it wouldnt come back. Tried taking out the battery...took the back cover off.....charged directly with the cable no touchstone and left it there for several minutes.....im thinking the battery must be done for it. Wondering if this happened to anybody else???
    That happened to me, but started charging after I removed the battery and put it back in. I'm thinkin that battery is toast.
    I had the same problem with my first pre and wound up having to get it replaced, unfortunately I never got an answer as to exactly what caused it
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    So i woke up this morning and my phone was on the Touchshone and screen was blacked out i tried to turn it on it wouldnt come back. Tried taking out the battery...took the back cover off.....charged directly with the cable no touchstone and left it there for several minutes.....im thinking the battery must be done for it. Wondering if this happened to anybody else???
    It could be the phone or the battery. Just leave it plugged up for a while, and see what happen then.

Sometime the cells in the battery just go dead without a warning.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    If the battery is dead then when you put in into the wall socket to charge a white usb symbol will pop up. If this is not happening then it is the phone that is not reacting to the charge. Take the battery out and plug it into the wall, does anything happen?
    Three other things that might be worth trying is:
    1) Cooling the phone then trying.
    2)Hold the power button down while switching the ringer switch back and fore
    3) Try the recovery steps documented on the webos-internals wiki page to see if you can get life that way

Pip
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the suggestion i will try 'em and report back.
  7.    #7  
    Okay so i took out the battery and plugged the cable and i got the white battery sigen PHEW...its the damn battery...i have a weird feeling that my touchstone back cover has something do with shorting out the battery just a hunch...im off 2 sprint store for new battery

Update: i put the battery in and the phone came back to life yay!