Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am haveing some issues. I bought a palm pre on ebay. I was assured it would work for my carrier. AT&t. I put the sim card in, att comes up in the top left corner. as well as an H in the top right next to service bars. But yet i cannot get past the palm account creator. It lets me create on and trys to load it. But says please contact palm.com/support. I have tried to call and talk with a rep. And do research. I alwase end up in the same place.. Needing the S/n. witch by my luck, the guy decided to take off. And since i cannot access the phone i cannot figure it out. I got the IMIE # by typnin in numbers and makn a call. is there a way i can do the same? or a way to get passed this. I am basically stuck. andhave been trying to figure this out for a week or so now. CAN ANYYONE HELP!!! please
    I'm guessing it was stolen and I hope you Paypal'd it so you can get a refund
  3.    #3  
    theres no way to recover the sn, frm dialing any certain number in into the emergency call, like with the imei. im sure its not stolen i got it frm an 88 year old grandpa who couldnt figure out how to use it, and he "mistakenly" took all the stickers off. I am almost assured that it is not stolen
    Since you say you can dial, do ##786#
    The serial number is in there.
    Well, I think on ATT it's #*#786# but I could be wrong
  5.    #5  
    hmm. No neither worked. That is what i am looking for tho. Any others you think? or anyone else know? i know theres a way i have done it with many other phones, and i have alredy done it do get IMEI.. alll i neeed is the S/n To gett it working.
    Try *#06#
    I've seen mention of trying
    *#
    #*

and possibly having to press send at the end. I've never been on ATT so these are just what I'm finding on the web.
  8.    #8  
    that is for the IMEI, and it works perfectly.
  9.    #9  
    I am not sure its so much that its an AT&t, as they do not have there own palm pre, but only palm pre plus. As it is that its either one of the new ones with the sim card slot, or one fro germany with the sim card slot.
    After reading the below thread, maybe someone with a GSM Pre can check the DialStringParser.jsjsjs $file$ $for$ $the$ $code$ $you$ $need$.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ash-codes.html
  11.    #11  
    Im Not sure i understand you fully.
    search for meta doctor.

you can get past the palm profile screen
    the serial number is on a sticker under the battery...
  14.    #14  
    The reason i am searching for a way to locate the serial number is because the person i got it from, stupidly took all stickers off, as i have said . And i am trying to use the meta doctor, but this you cant use unless you have te S/N. i hit a wall everytime needing the S/N. before i can do anything. I cant believe they dont have a # to dial to pull up the information as they do for the IMEI. im sure they do i just need to locate it. ANY HELP GREATLY APRCIATED
    Try*#1001# Here's a link to a lot of codes

GSM Secret Codes | Gleez
    Quote Originally Posted by superman420t View Post
    Im Not sure i understand you fully.
    The DialStringParser.jsjsjs $file$ $lists$ $the$ $defined$ $hash$ $codes$ $and$ $what$ $they$ $access$.
  17.    #17  
    So, there is really no other has codes that anyone can tell me, i have tried just about all the ones i can find online. and many others that people have treid to tell me would work. but i still cannot get the right one that will show e the sn number. And i still cannot use the webos dosctor unil i get the sn number.. so i am stuck. anyone that can get me further information into what i should do would be greatly apprciated. THank you.
    I really think this exhausts the options to find out the SN. Very sorry, but I don't recall that there are many phones that have it listed internally to be found.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by superman420t View Post
    So, there is really no other has codes that anyone can tell me, i have tried just about all the ones i can find online. and many others that people have treid to tell me would work. but i still cannot get the right one that will show e the sn number. And i still cannot use the webos dosctor unil i get the sn number.. so i am stuck. anyone that can get me further information into what i should do would be greatly apprciated. THank you.
    If you are just trying to doctor can't you just download your most recent carrier doctor through Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals and then run through the pc, don't need your sn number then. Or are my missing something specific to your problem.

Pip
    I actually just discovered that the Pre does list its SN in Device Info, but you can't access that, yet.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast