1.    #1  
    I'm having issues with the Youtube app, where I can never find exactly what I'm looking for. For example, I'm looking for Gorillaz On Melancholy Hill, but I'm getting 900+ results and I'm getting everything but that video, uncliding a lot of non-relavent results. If I go to Youtube.com (from my PC), I find exactly what I want, usually in the 1st 2 or 3 search results.

I've tried searching using quotes and +s but it doesn't help.

I've did a search on the forums but I didn't find anything.

Any advice?
    Try loading mobile Youtube in the web browser and search from there.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Same problem here. I think the apps search engine just sucks. Use google to find the videos, works much better that way.
  4.    #4  
    I'm getting the same results using www.youtube.com/mobile/
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    Same problem here. I think the apps search engine just sucks. Use google to find the videos, works much better that way.
    I get the exact videos I want now, but I keep getting "There was an error playing the file". Maybe my phone is toying with me.
    I run into the same exact issue. Videos I KNOW are on youtube and come up on a PC search as some of the top results, but they don't show up at all via the app, or the web browser. Or videos that have nothing to do with the video I was looking for. Or even have anything close to what I was looking for in the title.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsis View Post
    I get the exact videos I want now, but I keep getting "There was an error playing the file". Maybe my phone is toying with me.
    It's not just you. Certain videos just will not play for me, it probably depends on their codec, which honestly, saying that out loud makes no sense but I see no other possibility. The video Cycles by Cyriak for example, just will not play on the youtube app no matter wot, it won't even download with the download patch. But if I watch that same video uploaded by someone else, it loads just fine.

Definitely an issue that needs to be fixed.
    Sometimes vids are marked to not allow mobile viewing.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    and it takes a couple of days for the youtube servers to convert the videos to the supported form (.mp4) in this case. Some other videos migth be blocked by the user. Lots of music companies do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Sometimes vids are marked to not allow mobile viewing.
    Ty, Youtube/Google goes through and marks some artists videos/songs (depending on their label) as unavailable for syndication, so you cannot view them on a mobile device. And you'll buy the song/video from iTMS. Or something.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    fyi....some videos are not made for mobile viewing....which is why you can't find it on ur phone
    Then it would certainly be feasible to make a patch, sorta like the "Iphone Spoof" for the browser right?

Like to trick youtube into thinking you've got the rights to any available content a desktop would? I am constantly having the same problem and it annoys the heck outta me.

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gu1l7y5p4rk View Post
    Then it would certainly be feasible to make a patch, sorta like the "Iphone Spoof" for the browser right?

Like to trick youtube into thinking you've got the rights to any available content a desktop would? I am constantly having the same problem and it annoys the heck outta me.

-Gu1l7y
    Do want! I hate being redirected to mobile sites all the time. Some are nice, but most are just so stripped of features that there is no point!