Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you doctored then the kernel customizations are gone and should most likely be back to stock speed. As other posters have stated, install Preware and get Govnah to be sure. The phone runs at 500Mhz stock.
  2.    #22  
    Few quick questions, as I'd rather not create an entirely new thread,

1) Is it possible to get push email with Gmail on the Pre?

2) How do I show the battery percentage in the upper right hand corner? Do I need an app?

3) How do I get numerical values to show up next to the icons for mail and text messages, indicating how many new / unread messages I have? Or do these appear in the bottom right hand corner?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwill127 View Post
    Few quick questions, as I'd rather not create an entirely new thread,

1) Is it possible to get push email with Gmail on the Pre?

2) How do I show the battery percentage in the upper right hand corner? Do I need an app?

3) How do I get numerical values to show up next to the icons for mail and text messages, indicating how many new / unread messages I have? Or do these appear in the bottom right hand corner?
    As far as I know...
    1) Push email as in have the email sent to your Pre as soon as gmail receives it? Yes. Mail, Preferences and Accounts, Gmail, Get Mail, As Items Arrive. If that was not wot you meant, sorry. I am not too knowledgable on all terms.

2) This is where you need Preware for sure. With Preware you can install various patches, such as one that will replace the icon with the percwnt, or one that has them both.

3) Numbers on the icons is not possible right now, though that is a great idea and I would love to see a patch for that! But all emails and sms will appear in the notification tray, and if multiple do come before you acknowledge the notification, a number will appear on the notification showing how many messages you have received since you last opened up Mail/Sms.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    As far as I know...
    1) Push email as in have the email sent to your Pre as soon as gmail receives it? Yes. Mail, Preferences and Accounts, Gmail, Get Mail, As Items Arrive. If that was not wot you meant, sorry. I am not too knowledgable on all terms.

2) This is where you need Preware for sure. With Preware you can install various patches, such as one that will replace the icon with the percwnt, or one that has them both.

3) Numbers on the icons is not possible right now, though that is a great idea and I would love to see a patch for that! But all emails and sms will appear in the notification tray, and if multiple do come before you acknowledge the notification, a number will appear on the notification showing how many messages you have received since you last opened up Mail/Sms.
    Awesome, thank you. I now get notified of new mail as it hits the inbox on my phone just after ~7 seconds of when it comes in on my computer.

And the notifications in the bottom right system tray work great. I just wanted to make sure there would be a system like in place to notify me of how many new messages (email, SMS, etc) or missed calls I received while not checking my phone.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Cwill127 - as others have said, getting webos quick install, installing preware then govnah and the uberkernal - with a little reading they are simple steps - and they will increase your happiness with the phone exponentially! I waited two months before doing it and am still kicking myself. running at 800/500 is really great.

adding patches like the timestamp on your text messages, the character count on them, the battery %, phone temp on the menu, having all the shut down/restart options on the first menu that comes up when you hold the power button, all are just the cream on top

edit: and 4x4 screen, multiple pages so you can swipe right/left instead of scrolling to find an app whose name you forgot...

enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwill127 View Post
    The notification area will show the number of new unread texts and new emails when they come in if you are not using your phone. Because of the unobtrusive notifications you don't really need this number in the app laucher icon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12