1.    #1  
    Major cable cut somewhere in my Brighthouse 'hood..

Sitting here with myself, my son, and my husband, ON LINE and functioning

With my deeelightfully FREE Mobil Hot Spot on my BEEELoved Sprint Palm Pre

Just sayin..

LOVE my PRe, LOVE MHS and LOVE all the awesome devs who made this possible!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Yeah My fiancee and I have done this a couple of times
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    i absolutely L-O-V-E when ppl post positive things about their phone. I get tired of reading all the negativity sometimes. Thanks OP.
    I agree! I have been without my Hughesnet satellite all week! Had it not been for my little Pre, I would have had no internet all that time!

I used the heck out of MHS this week (almost 1-1/2 G) and was able to carry on like nothing was wrong!
  5.    #5  
    No negativity from ME! I never cease being just tickled by this phone every single day, since the day I got it over a year ago.

The only thing negative, is that I drive my family insane talking about it
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I was saved by my Verizon MHS the day after I got home with it - assignment due for school and the cable internet went out. no problem - logged on and took care of business being able to get online while at Yellowstone last month (to send out some pictures) was just a bonus. Yeah for Pre !!
    So just to clarify, as I am relatively new to this kind of stuff and I don't want to get in trouble or do anything stupid, but if I choose to use my Pre as a hotspot/wireless access point, am I using Sprint or Verizon's network?

If I am using Sprint and I have the Simply Everything plan, I can realistically use it all I want, correct, since I have unlimited data and not be charged?

If I am using Verizon's network, is there a chance I could get in trouble or does this app/patch mask all that stuff?

Any clarification or such would be greatly appreciated!
    ttuguy - clarification

I assume your on sprint with a SEP- U can use MHS ...but as with these type of tethering things USE AT UR OWN RISK since sprint doesnt "offer tethering plans on the pre".. Sprint SEP - u get 5Gb a month to use... ive gone over in the past but be warned going over a few months in a row u can/will have ur contract terminated...
    If your on roaming then more then likely ur on verizons network usually at 1x speeds... You only have 300mb of data roaming a month.. same rules apply going over..
    IF u dont abuse MHS/data usage then u should be fine...

If you have a verizon pre plus...then no worries as its included in ur plan...usage limits apply as well (pretty sure there the same?)
    I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money.

Modded Sprint Pre: 3" pulley s/c, i/c, 1.6 rockers, xp cam, slp headers, 3in exhaust, res/cat delete... oh wait wrong forum... ummm pre has lots of mc patches and a xtra mhz, ghtz, and chigglehertz
    I've used MHS for about 6 months now, and was tethering with my HTC Touch Pro before that for a year, and have reached ungodly data usage. 10 GB+. I still have yet to be reprimanded
    Haha I got rid of my ISP, with four pres in the house who needs an ISP?
    Had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago. My wife was amazed how fast she was back on the web through my phone again. Works great!
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have also grown to depend on the MHS feature. I've been out in some remote spots in WV where my coworker's ATT aircard would not work and we were have trouble with the customers network. From across the building (alright a small building) he was able to connect to the PRE and both of us were able to get our work done. It certainly beats carrying an aircard and paying for the extra services. My bill with Verizon actually dropped fifty bucks a month when I got my PRE and am getting much better service.
    LOVE the hotspot
    Well gotta add my "Happy Camper" comment about my Pre....it has me connected right now so I can be here. I woke up this morning and my DSL is acting up. I can get to some websites but not others. Call about it and they have no answer. So I connected to MHS and all is working great. Don't have time to figure out the DSL but I'm thinking either the DSL modem is bad (or going bad) or my desk top that is running it is doing a slow death. Anyway I have embroidery orders to get done today and MHS is saving me (I needed designs downloaded from the net). Maybe tomorrow I'll figure out out to change the DSL modem to run from my laptop instead of the desktop.
    MHS saves the day!!! I sooooooo love my pre!
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    Anyway I have embroidery orders to get done today and MHS is saving me (I needed designs downloaded from the net)..
    MHS saves the day!!! I sooooooo love my pre!
    You do embroidery? Do you have a website? You can post or PM if ya want, I am actually looking for some embroidery to be done, really small job, but send me website or info if interested

I Pre

I enjoy my Pre+. Such a great feature and makes the data plan worth having even more so. Especially since I'm in a great area for AT&T's 3G
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness