webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Help - Stuck in sign in to palm profile screen and need a p. profile
Help - Stuck in sign in to palm profile screen and need a p. profile

Old 08/06/2010, 03:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ok I'm such a n00b with this Pre. I activated the phone with VZW and got to the Palm Profile screen. I went to click register for a palm profile, but must've accidentally touched the sign in, instead.

No big deal, right? NOT for me.

It doesn't matter how many times or what method I use to restart the phone, it constantly comes back to the sign in to Palm Profile screen and I don't know how to get back to the original screen to register for a Palm Profile. Just consistently boots to the sign in screen. Without a palm profile, I'm stuck! I've never owned a Palm smartphone before.

What to do?

Last edited by Kutz; 08/06/2010 at 04:30 PM.
Kutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/06/2010, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

call verizon and ask customer service to walk you through it.
Workerb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/06/2010, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

I find that the best solution to electronics giving me problems is to punch them repeatedly. Beat them into submission. Or if you don't want to go that route, you could try using the WebOS doctor....?
Havek923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2010, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Ok for anyone who may stumble upon this post in the future looking for a solution to a similar problem, here's a fix:

If stuck in the sign in screen with no palm profile, click the bottom right telephone icon and select Emergency Call. Erase the 911 by clicking the back arrow three times.

If your carrier is Verizon Wireless (only VZW not Sprint or AT&T), enter the following as a number to call: ##43574357#

This should bring up the device info. screen. At the bottom, you'll see Reset Options. Select this and then select Erase Apps & Data.

After that, the Palm device will restart and you should be back to an original setup screen. =D
Kutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2010, 04:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for coming back to this thread and posting the answer!

There are so many "I have this problem" threads with no solution listed...just a lot of "me too" posts.
Habious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/09/2011, 09:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutz View Post
Ok for anyone who may stumble upon this post in the future looking for a solution to a similar problem, here's a fix:

If stuck in the sign in screen with no palm profile, click the bottom right telephone icon and select Emergency Call. Erase the 911 by clicking the back arrow three times.

If your carrier is Verizon Wireless (only VZW not Sprint or AT&T), enter the following as a number to call: ##43574357#

This should bring up the device info. screen. At the bottom, you'll see Reset Options. Select this and then select Erase Apps & Data.

After that, the Palm device will restart and you should be back to an original setup screen. =D
whats the code for Att? My palm pixi is stuck on sign in as well.
quicsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2011, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

it is the same. ##43574357# sometimes it takes to times to enter it before it comes up. I have one through sprint and it still works
coffebean2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/06/2012, 01:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

I would also like to thank Kutz for thoughtfully supplying at least one way out of this problem. I,too, have seen quite a lot of pleas for help followed up by "me, too" posts and no answers. I've seen this one now a few times, too. This is the only one that included a useful, reasonable answer.

But is there not a way to get out of this without erasing all the data? I've got six or eight gigabytes of music and pictures on my Pre+ — some of it nowhere else. How is it there's no forgiveness for such an easy-to-commit sin?
perryoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/06/2012, 04:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutz View Post

After viewing this thread and seeing your response, I wanted to add my two cents. For Sprint customers, the code is ##786# this would allow you to "reset" the device and bring you back to the original sign in screen.
Pow pow#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/06/2012, 04:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Couldn't you just memboot the phone and delete /var/lun/preferences/ flags? Get rid of first-use-profile-created and it should reset.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/27/2013, 01:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

what about an unlocked palm pixi plus that is being used abroad with vodafone?
Sabu627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/2013, 02:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryoxide View Post
I would also like to thank Kutz for thoughtfully supplying at least one way out of this problem. I,too, have seen quite a lot of pleas for help followed up by "me, too" posts and no answers. I've seen this one now a few times, too. This is the only one that included a useful, reasonable answer.

But is there not a way to get out of this without erasing all the data? I've got six or eight gigabytes of music and pictures on my Pre+ some of it nowhere else. How is it there's no forgiveness for such an easy-to-commit sin?
This is because people don't pay adequate enough attention.

The palm login issue is more than likely caused due to the original root certificate being revoked. The only solution I can give is in the form of a theory.

You will have to follow the instructions to bypass activation, install the new certificate, THEN login or create a Palm Profile.

Make sense?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
Shadowflank is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0