Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. JAROAM's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
       #1  
    Problem #1: I read the threads about fixing Touchstone problems - Restart your Pre, reseat the contact on the case... Tried those, but my Pre still won't charge correctly. It'll say "charging" and then after a couple of seconds or so, it will say "charging" again, and round and round it goes. Nice! Suggestions? Problem #2: This may or may not have anything to do with the first problem. Took my Pre off the Touchstone around 6a, 100% charged. By 12:15p, some six hours later, the battery read 54%. This is with very moderate use from my home location, no roaming or anything. At 12:54p, about a half-hour later, my phone pings me that the battery is 0% and needs charging! What the hell?! Could it be that my Touchstone is completely screwed causing my phone to think it was 100% when it truly wasn't? Is my battery, almost a year old now, screwed? My phone messed up? I don't get it. I know the Pre isn't exactly great for battery life but come on, going through a whole charge in about 6 hours basically doing nothing?! HELP!
  2. #2  
    #1. Have you tried centering your pre on the touchstone? If it isn't completely centered the magnets won't get as good a grip on the pre and the charging can cycle on and off like you described.

    #2. Did you leave wifi or anything data intensive on accidentally?
  3. wisty's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #3  
    #1 I have found with mine that it is easier to charge if I put my phone on the touchstone in "landscape" orientation vs. the "portrait" orientation. Because if the phone isn't centered it won't cahrge properly. But it will still hold on to the touchstone.
    #2 Ensure that there aren't programs that are updating frequently. (i.e. facebook, weathericon, e-mail) each time one of these apps pings the server to update it will use battery life especially if the GPS is being used. Also WIFI you can turn it off if you will not be connecting so that if doesn't search for WIFI signal as often.
  4. JAROAM's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wisty View Post
    #1 I have found with mine that it is easier to charge if I put my phone on the touchstone in "landscape" orientation vs. the "portrait" orientation. Because if the phone isn't centered it won't cahrge properly. But it will still hold on to the touchstone.
    #2 Ensure that there aren't programs that are updating frequently. (i.e. facebook, weathericon, e-mail) each time one of these apps pings the server to update it will use battery life especially if the GPS is being used. Also WIFI you can turn it off if you will not be connecting so that if doesn't search for WIFI signal as often.
    I can't imagine email draining the battery that much. I mean, isn't that one of the reasons to have a smart phone, for updated email and such? I dunno. I'm going to try and turn off GPS and WiFi when not needed. Besides email, those are the only two things constantly on. I think my Touchstone base itself may be fried. Can that be? I'll try your 'landscape' orientation method. Funny though, my phone again just went from 32% charge to all of the sudden saying 0%? What the hell?!
  5. JAROAM's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    #1. Have you tried centering your pre on the touchstone? If it isn't completely centered the magnets won't get as good a grip on the pre and the charging can cycle on and off like you described.

    #2. Did you leave wifi or anything data intensive on accidentally?
    I'll hit you back too... I can't imagine email draining the battery that much. I mean, isn't that one of the reasons to have a smart phone, for updated email and such? I dunno. I'm going to try and turn off GPS and WiFi when not needed. Besides email, those are the only two things constantly on. I think my Touchstone base itself may be fried. Can that be? I'll try "wisty's" "landscape" orientation method to charge my phone. Funny though, my phone again just went from 32% charge to all of the sudden saying 0%? What the hell?!
  6. #6  
    Wait so you just leave wifi on all the time? No wonder you have terrible battery life
  7. JAROAM's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Wait so you just leave wifi on all the time? No wonder you have terrible battery life
    Yep, I'm a deuche. So what of the high percentage and then all the sudden nothing on battery charge?
  8. #8  
    I would guess the Pre is misrepresenting battery life which is a well known issue and is usually solved with a battery pull but if that doesn't work I would recommend a webos doctor
  9. JAROAM's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I would guess the Pre is misrepresenting battery life which is a well known issue and is usually solved with a battery pull but if that doesn't work I would recommend a webos doctor
    A WebOS doctor?
  10. #10  
    I am having a similar problem. I am able to connect my palm to the touchstone but I will not charge. Not sure if it's a problem with the ts or phone. But I am not happy, enough with Palm's crappy hardware!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions