1.    #1  
    I had some leftover ice/water in one of those bag type coolers. I decided to pour the ice and water into my dog's water bowl. Oops, forgot iPod and Pre were in the front pocket and they slid straight out and into the bottom of the bowl. I immediately grabbed them and water poured out of both. Here are the results:

1. Pre never skipped a beat. Thank God because it is my only phone and I could not afford to shut it down (used for work too) to put in a bag of ice. I opened it, shook it, put my other battery in it and powered it up. I plugged it in, left it open, and ran Sprint Nav to try to build as much heat as I could. I KNOW this is not the recommended thing to do after water immersion, but I had to take the chance. Hopefully it won't start acting up in a few days/weeks. I have TEP if it does.

2. iPod: Kept trying to boot up, then shutting down. I could not even power it off. Placed it in a bag of rice. Impatience got the better of me and I checked it after about 8 hours in the bag. It was working fine. I put it back in there and am about to take it out; just shy of 24 hours.

Whew, I hope I get a break on this. $100 for TEP and at least $200 to replace iPod. Not something I feel like doing.

So here is my 8 month old Pre continuing to work perfectly!
    Awesome and I hope it keeps working...... ohhh BTW why do you need the iPod if you have the Pre?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Awesome and I hope it keeps working...... ohhh BTW why do you need the iPod if you have the Pre?
    I've had the iPod user for many years. Other than using the excellent Pandora for personal use, I want my music separate. I use it most often on the boat and when having people over. I don't want the phone ringing in the middle of a song, middle of a party, etc, and then having my conversation broadcast over the sound system for all guests to hear.

Was pretty funny the first time that happened. I had Pandora cranked on the boat, and about 6-8 people aboard when I answered a call and heard the caller coming through the sound system.
    when you immerse your electronic devices, dry out in rice FIRST, for at least a day (preferably longer) and do NOT try and power up until you do that!

Powering up before its dry really can screw things up!
  5.    #5  
    Yes, I believed I addressed that point.
    Because the pre is very much lacking in the music player department, especially given the persistent headset jack problem. And if you are like me and have some foreign language song titles in your phone, as of WebOS 1.4, the phone will crash every time. I replaced my ipod touch with my pre. For all of the problems the touch had, and it had quite a few, at least it played my music reliably.
    You had me confused with the "bag of ice" you mentioned....

At any rate, even though it worked for you, would hate for someone to try that - powering it up after 8 hours, or even messing at all with the power button.
    Nice! I heated my phone up in the airplane window on the way home.... I watched the condensation in the screen fade away before my eyes.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
    Because the pre is very much lacking in the music player department, especially given the persistent headset jack problem. And if you are like me and have some foreign language song titles in your phone, as of WebOS 1.4, the phone will crash every time. I replaced my ipod touch with my pre. For all of the problems the touch had, and it had quite a few, at least it played my music reliably.

Okay first I would imagine MOST of WebOS users don't have foreign language song titles. I have a couple iPods in the house..... and no I don't carry mine for anything any more. The headset jack problems (yes I know the exist) haven't even seen my phone in about 10 months of ownership and 4-5 days a week if not more my phone is plugged into a jack at least twice a day. I now completely listen to music/podcasts thru my Pre. So that is a bull**** reason, my Pre plays my music reliably..... I could see reasons why some would use an iPod still as the OP said, to keep his phone calls separate, or in your case with foreign language titles..... in general I see no reason to carry a separate device unless you can't charge a lot and don't want to waste battery power on music. Ohhh and also to your foreign language song title issue, I stream music with slacker/dr podder more than I side load, I haven't loaded music since the last version of iTunes stopped working....
    Okay first I would imagine MOST of WebOS users don't have foreign language song titles. I have a couple iPods in the house..... and no I don't carry mine for anything any more. The headset jack problems (yes I know the exist) haven't even seen my phone in about 10 months of ownership and 4-5 days a week if not more my phone is plugged into a jack at least twice a day. I now completely listen to music/podcasts thru my Pre. So that is a bull**** reason, my Pre plays my music reliably..... I could see reasons why some would use an iPod still as the OP said, to keep his phone calls separate, or in your case with foreign language titles..... in general I see no reason to carry a separate device unless you can't charge a lot and don't want to waste battery power on music. Ohhh and also to your foreign language song title issue, I stream music with slacker/dr podder more than I side load, I haven't loaded music since the last version of iTunes stopped working....
    ipods have the best music player. Period.
    The main reason for an ipod is storage. The pre doesn't have enough of it period. SD slot please.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    ipods have the best music player. Period.
    Good headphones are more important for sound quality imo.