Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Ruby: "It must look like a river rock"
    Engineer: done.
    Ruby: "I want the slider curved"
    Engineer: but sir- .. done.
    Ruby: "Wait! Where's my mirror"
    Engineer: Oh.. thought that one was a joke.
    Haha lol, good stuff.
    Try the Pre Plus. It is much better at sliding.
    How about to shoot the guy who designed power button? Mine just went away to the big button in the sky..
  4.    #24  
    I like the idea behind the pre if it could have been executed correctly... I don't think it's physically possible to make what they had in mind well.

Mine died too, but pulling it out and putting it in made everything better.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Too easy.
    If only they'd changed the screen shape,slider,power button,usb flap,head phone jack and battery fit there would be no issues,or would there!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Try the Pre Plus. It is much better at sliding.
    You think!!
    no problem here with my slider
    what I love about my Pre is the combination of the OS and body design, which feels fine in the hand
    HP would be wise to offer a beefed up version, but they should not fiddle too much with the basics
    Personally I like it. I've had mine for over a month now and it feels solid to me. Pre + btw. I read somewhere that they did strengthen the slider in the + over the original pre.
    I like the idea behind the pre if it could have been executed correctly... I don't think it's physically possible to make what they had in mind well.

I can't !!! It went away really fast and did not say good buy... What is left is a dot in a copper plate inside...
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    I can't !!! It went away really fast and did not say good buy... What is left is a dot in a copper plate inside...
    sounds like the plastic bit is gone.. call palm or buy a trashed pre off ebay/clist.
    Sorry buddy.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by dc9super80 View Post
    Yes the slider has seen many problems because of the phone´s curve, and I think Palm was slack in quality control as many devices are fine and many aren´t.
    For all we know, the contract manufacturer may have never manufactured a phone with a slider before and/or was cutting costs by letting their QC slide.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Count me as one of the lucky ones too. Got mine in April and have had no problems. Dropped it a few times both open and closed and still no issues. Like the design of any product, if you try to make it perfect we'd still be using TREO's
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    That depends on what your definition of the word "is" is.
    I hate this saying. Worst shortcut to thinking in the history of language. =)
    Do want some cheese to go with your wine?

You probably hate this saying too, lol.
    what did the OP use to grease the slider?
  16.    #36  
    Heavy Duty Silicone... not sure if it's smart or not. just used a q-tip and applied to the rails behind the battery. Didn't fix how I can't push up on the bottom left side but made the slider slide easier overall.

Haven't really had a problem with my Pre+ on AT&T when it comes to the slider. I tend to baby the phone but that's because I hope to keep it until the next generation of GSM Palm phones come out.

Now, the software/hardware glitch with the headphone jack on the other hand...
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    I personally love the design of the Pre.
    I wish Palm used different materials,and a bigger screen.
    Other than that the Pre is a great phone,IMO.
  19.    #39  
    I agree. It's great except the material it's made of and the size of the screen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12