1.    #1  
    Sorry for the new thread. Hoping for some help please. I am unable to download or update any apps from the app catalog. I have a Pre+. Have installed about 37 patches but no themes. Should i run the Emergency Migration Tool from Preware. Tried to install it and the phone did a Luna restart but when i reopen Preware it still shows that it can be installed. Weird.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    You say you reopen Preware after a restart? Are you trying to update apps through Preware? They have to be updated through App Catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    Sorry for the new thread. Hoping for some help please. I am unable to download or update any apps from the app catalog. I have a Pre+. Have installed about 37 patches but no themes. Should i run the Emergency Migration Tool from Preware. Tried to install it and the phone did a Luna restart but when i reopen Preware it still shows that it can be installed. Weird.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Open the app cat, tap the shopping bag at the bottom right, what is the first app in the list?

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    You say you reopen Preware after a restart? Are you trying to update apps through Preware? They have to be updated through App Catalog.
    Preware will also alert you when app catalog apps need updating.
  5.    #5  
    i've tried to do the updates of official Palm apps from both Preware and the app catalog. Neither worked. The first app listed after hitting the shopping cart icon does not appear to have a name. Took a print screen to show you, but don't know how to insert it here in this message/forum.
    It sounds like you have the "Phantom App" problem. There is a relatively easy fix, provided you have Internalz - the newest version - on your phone.

Otherwise, you can do it via command line in WebOSQuickInstall or Terminal/Terminus.

To fix this via Internalz (easiest method), navigate to /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/ and delete the installHistory.db file. Reboot Pre and you should be good to go.

To do it via command line:

cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db
    then reboot
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  7.    #7  
    spader, the detail instructions you provided worked like a charm. thank you very much for your help. much appreciated. the homebrew community is the best.
    While I can't take credit for finding the solution in the first place, I'm glad I could help you out by providing the instructions.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thank you Spader for providing the instructions! My phantom app problem is now fixed.