Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    my phone is stuck in headphone mode, whenever i go to make or receive a call i have to put it on speaker to hear the person, tried doing a restart, how do i fix?
    Hi airforceones7, and Welcome to the P|C forums!

Take a look at this thread as it will show you how to fix the issue:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html

Hope that helps!
    Newman beat me again!

Airforce - Welcome to PreCentral and if I may, you should try to do a search first. I did it for your post with " headset stuck" as Newman must have and came up with alot of stuff.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Yea, this has been discussed plenty of times. I'll summarize it: the reason this is happening is because of poor quality parts, namely the headphone jack. Dirt and dist causes the pin which tells the phone that a headset is plugged in to get stuck, therefore the phone thinks there is a headset plugged in. There is no magical "plug the headset in and out while making a call, toggling the speaker button, while using pandora and doing the funky chicken" that will fix this problem, as some other posts will lead you to believe. The only way to fix this hardware issue is to fix the hardware, meaning get that pin unstuck. Get a q-tip, pull some of the cotton off so it fits into the jack, dip it in alcohol, and work it in and out a few times. Make sure the q-tip is wet (don't squeeze the alcohol out of it). It will fix your problem for a couple of weeks. Rinse and repeat as needed until you can upgrade to a phone that will actually have this basic part work as intended.
    I don't know, the sticking headphone in and out while making a call has worked for me every time...
    I would like to suggest that someone at WebOS Internals create a patch that will allow users with this issue to force the phone into the speaker mode. I have experienced this sticking headphone problem and it seems a common enough issue that it may merit a patch.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    there is a supposed fix that I have not triied, look under the thread "the ghastly headset"
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I don't know, the sticking headphone in and out while making a call has worked for me every time...
    Never worked for me.
    I hate this problem - it actually keeps me from using headset and music just to prevent this from "maybe" happening in case the headphone causes it. For some reason (on 3rd Pre), they never did this until I used headphones.

Now I don't listen to music unless bluetooth and usually forget to carry it.

Anyway, the qtip was the only thing that ever fixed mine. I decided that since I have insurance, if I break anything else doing this, who cares, the phone wasn't working to start with, so if you have insurance, don't hesitate to do this fix.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I recently started having this issue and the Ghastly Headset works for me. Only issue is to force it back to speaker mode is that you have to have the headset plugged in first before forcing it back to the speaker.
    Just had this issue myself. Followed the recommendation from the forums of spraying a little WD-40 on my headphone plug, then plugging in/ removing it a few times. Worked instantly!
    Happened to me once. Had it replaced as the issue will continue to randomly return. We def need new hw.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    This is one of the hardware issues that I really, really, REALLY hope gets fixed with the next webOS device.

My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    That's because you're working the dirt/dust loose. It is unrelated to being on a call.
    My particular experience with this problem was a physical hardware issue...had to get a replacement. Hope it doesn't happen again...
    OK so now what... I'm passed the 1 year mark on my phone and it just decided to get stuck in the headset mode permanently. Nothing is getting it out, tried everything (blowing, plug in and out, rest, webDR, make a call plug in then mute then unplug) and nothing works. The sad part is I did not get the extra protection plan coverage.

So any ideas or am I just out a phone 13 months after buying it. BTW I love the WebOS but the phone hw is just not up to par.

I dont have knowhow to install the ghastly patch and it seems as if it only works for one call at a time anyways.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I came to realize a while back that, in my case, I was causing the problem by yanking the headphones out of the jack while the app I was using for the headphones(usually music) was still running. To correct it I just quickly plug/unplug the headphones 3 or 4 times in succession and problem solved. I learne that here in this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by prerbaca View Post
    OK so now what... I'm passed the 1 year mark on my phone and it just decided to get stuck in the headset mode permanently. Nothing is getting it out, tried everything (blowing, plug in and out, rest, webDR, make a call plug in then mute then unplug) and nothing works. The sad part is I did not get the extra protection plan coverage.

So any ideas or am I just out a phone 13 months after buying it. BTW I love the WebOS but the phone hw is just not up to par.

I dont have knowhow to install the ghastly patch and it seems as if it only works for one call at a time anyways.
    You listed trying everything except the common cure (that worked for me too) which is the Q-Tip with some of cotton removed in order to fit, and then dipped in alcohol and run in and out of headphone jack. Heck, I didn't have any rubbing alcohol handy, so I used mouthwash. I am a HEAVY headphones user as I use the phone as my exclusive phone line and am on the phone all day working from home. I have only had to do the fix about 3-4 times in 8 months.

Yes, the HW is lacking, but it hasn't been that bad for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 180to650 View Post
    I came to realize a while back that, in my case, I was causing the problem by yanking the headphones out of the jack while the app I was using for the headphones(usually music) was still running. To correct it I just quickly plug/unplug the headphones 3 or 4 times in succession and problem solved. I learne that here in this forum.
    What you experienced is a coincidence, not the real reason. The real reason is a stuck pin. You were pretty lucky that you could get it unstuck relatively easily. Has absolutely nothing to do with running an app in the background. Clean out your jack with a q-tip and alcohol, and try to replicate the problem. I would bet that you will not be able to.
    Quote Originally Posted by prerbaca View Post

I guess you didn't read this thread then, because you apparently tried everything except for the q-tip/alcohol method. Make sure the q-tip is wet and give it a shot. It will work. Mine was stuck badly once, and even the q-tip took a while. But it worked in the end. Again, to reiterate, this is purely a hardware issue. Resetting, doctoring, dancing, or praying will not fix it. Getting the pin unstuck will.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast