Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I still have never had to stick a qtip into the port. Sticking headphone in and out always works. And I can reproduce the problem similar to someone's post earlier. So I think there is some miscommunication between the hardware and the software. Can a software fix be made, similar to the keyboard multiple letter on the vzw pre pluses?
    Thanks for the help my pre was stuck in headset mode and I didn't kow how to fix. nothing worked until I read about dropping on its back about 4 feet on to table. Worked!
    The 'drop fix' was been passed down through the ages. All it does is sometimes dislodges something that's stuck just from blunt force. You also risk breaking something else so this is never recommended!!!!!

For the stuck issue, I've had great luck with the q-tip with some WD-40 sprayed on the tip. Be sure to leave some cotton on the tip to be able to hold the WD-40 and also help clean it as you work it around inside the port. First time I did this it actually came out quite dirty. I did it a few more times just to be sure and also to ensure that I have lubricated the internal pin so it doesn't get stuck. So far so good . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I still have never had to stick a qtip into the port. Sticking headphone in and out always works. And I can reproduce the problem similar to someone's post earlier. So I think there is some miscommunication between the hardware and the software. Can a software fix be made, similar to the keyboard multiple letter on the vzw pre pluses?
    Well, the reason is simple. Working the headset jack in and out a few times, dislodges the pin. Perhaps you have a better port than some of us, but there can be no miscommunication. There is either a headset in there, or there is not, as far as the phone is concerned. In my case, whenever this happens, I can work the plug 20 times, to no avail. And 9 times out of 10, this happens after I plug a headset in there, and later pull it out. The pin is not springing back.
    perhaps you need to get your phone replaced then? Dunno, there was quite a bit of controversy about the keyboard issue a while ago, and that was fixed with a software update.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12