1.    #1  
    Is there a button anywhere on the keyboard that will allow me to move the cursor backward or forward without deleting the text (i.e. not backspace, but the equivalent of the arrow buttons on a PC's keyboard)? I often need to edit text, and simply using the touch screen to place the cursor somewhere does not always work well.
    hold down the orange/gray key and scroll from left to right on the screen. dragging the cursor to where u need it
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
    and to prefect this method....tap in the general area of which you would like to make an edit and then foloow my above step to get the sursor to where u want it
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
  4.    #4  
    Thanks!

Also is there a delete (as opposed to backspace) button anywhere?
    yep. while holding down the CAPS button (the arrow pointing up) drag ur finger across the screen it will then highlight whole words at a time then just simply hit the backspace button