1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    Had my phone wiped at Sprint while they tried to fix it (they somehow messed up the keyboard so I now have a new phone). So I have to restore from zero for the third time in as many weeks. It really is a relatively painless process EXCEPT for two things. The first is contact association. When I have a contact listed as say "Janet Lynn Dickens" and she is "Janet Dickens" on Facebook I have to go through and manually associate. It usually takes over an hour to do this. And then, after reinstalling Preware, I have to reinstall every patch manually. I DID download the save/restore program (which is nice) but is there any way to make Preware remember what patches I had? Is there any way to make the profile remember my contact associations? I'm SURE I'll have to do this again in the not so distant future (probably after 1.45 comes out) so I'd love to not have to spend 3 hours recovering everything every time.

Advice?

Thanks,

Macros
    webOS quick install can do a one time patch re-install, just go to the repository and install the patches you want. Then just restart Luna once.

you don't have to wait for preware to download, and install each patch. Also I download the IPKs for all my homebrew to my PC for a simple drag and drop install through WOSQI.

Using google as your primary contact source can help with duplicate entries, but there still may be a few that need to be manually associated.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Preware has a Saved Package List, which will save all of your patches, themes and homebrew apps. It's in the App menu if you have the most recent version.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4.    #4  
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses. Using Quickinstall I can't find the patches. Do have have to do a custom feed for that? As for the saved package list in Preware, mine doesn't seem to list the patches....only apps. And, if the patches WERE listed, where would they be stored? On the phone? Or off? help.

Thanks again guys,

Macros
  5.    #5  
    Found the patches in quickinstall. That IS definitely better.......but I'd LOVE it if Preware really did remember everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros746 View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses. Using Quickinstall I can't find the patches. Do have have to do a custom feed for that? As for the saved package list in Preware, mine doesn't seem to list the patches....only apps. And, if the patches WERE listed, where would they be stored? On the phone? Or off? help.

Thanks again guys,

Macros
    In Preware you have to save them first. On the bottom of that page there is an update button. You should update it every now and then to save your current patches. Also you should get the Save/Restore app as a backup. Unfortunately these won't help you this time.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Preware in combination with Save/Restore does remember everything. Install both, then do a restore, then go into Preware and selected Saved Package List from the menu. You will see all homebrews and patches. Simply click Install All.

When it's done you are up and running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros746 View Post
    Found the patches in quickinstall. That IS definitely better.......but I'd LOVE it if Preware really did remember everything.
    It does. Hit Update in the Saved Package List screen *before* you doctor, then use Save/Restore to save that and restore it later from your USB drive. There is even a PreCentral howto article on this subject.

-- Rod
  9.    #9  
    Brilliant! Thanks all. Next time will be much less painful. Still no fix on the contacts linking eh? I suppose I can whether that if I have to. I only have a couple of hundred of contacts. Thanks all so much. Let's hope the replacement phone I got today is one of the more hardy brand......

Macros