1. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Verizon is having a smartphone sale from Aug 5th to Aug 9th. I got the pre plus for free with a two year contract and my wife got the pixi plus. She could have gotten the pre plus for free also, but she really liked the form factor of the pixi plus. So far everything has been great. I was nervous about the GPS issue everyone has been talking about, but it has worked great the few times I tried it.

We both switched from the iPhone 3g to palm. So far I am loving mine! I will have to see how my wife likes hers when I get home from work.
    Welcome to the best community around and the best OS to date!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbo View Post
    Verizon is having a smartphone sale from Aug 5th to Aug 9th. I got the pre plus for free with a two year contract and my wife got the pixi plus. She could have gotten the pre plus for free also, but she really liked the form factor of the pixi plus. So far everything has been great. I was nervous about the GPS issue everyone has been talking about, but it has worked great the few times I tried it.

We both switched from the iPhone 3g to palm. So far I am loving mine! I will have to see how my wife likes hers when I get home from work.
    Now go on-line and load up on the VZW accessory sale. Buy a touchstone for every possible place you can put one, expecially your car:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...le-9-99-a.html
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    I am sure you will love it. It is miles ahead of the 3G the same one I moved from (although I moved to a sprint PRE).

Preware has allowed me to customize my phone exactly the way I like it. Multitasking has been great and notification system is awesome.

I still support Apple store since I have an ipad and ipod touch but I must say that there are some apps on PRE that are not available on iphone at all (and work much better as well). Radio Time, uberradio, dealert, Internalz, STC, Geostrings, Mobile hotspot, netstat, NewsRoom are all great apps only available on PRE.
    Touchstone is an accessory you should definitely think about alternatively you can get a higher capacity battery as well although it will add to the bulk of the device (makes it a fat PRE).
    I forgot to add comics, ampache mobile, grooveshark and weathericon (updates icon with each update) in my list of great apps .

Some of these are available on jailbroken iphone only.
  7. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Now go on-line and load up on the VZW accessory sale. Buy a touchstone for every possible place you can put one, expecially your car:

Just ordered 3...Thanks!
    KBO: you also might want to load the GPS fix program.. your battery takes a hit but if you are like many of us you have a touchstone more then 1 place (home, work, car) keeping it charged wont be a problem and on top of it you get get fixes very very quick
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Welcome to the family! It will be very interesting to hear your views of webOS after a couple of weeks of use since you are coming from an iPhone. Give us an update about your thoughts compared to what you have been using after a week or two!

Welcome to the P|C Community!
  10. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Welcome to the family! It will be very interesting to hear your views of webOS after a couple of weeks of use since you are coming from an iPhone. Give us an update about your thoughts compared to what you have been using after a week or two!

Welcome to the P|C Community!
    Will do.
    Congrats on the new phones. I've had my VZW pre plus for 2 1/2 weeks. I don't know what I did without it. Definitely get the Touch Stones as suggested. As of today I have 4....so easy to charge the phone. Another thing I bought for mine and I'm loving it is the Samsung Modus 3500 bluetooth headset, it's the one ear like your regular headsets you use for talking...this one does that but also streams music. It's great for me at work to listen to Pandora or the music I have on mine. I prefer the one ear so I can still hear what's going on around me. It has an adapter to use your own headphones with it still via bluetooth and tonight I received my little $4 adapter in the mail that allows me to plug the headset into my auxilary jack on my car stereo and listen to my music or Pandora through my stereo system. Couldn't wait to try it and it's awesome. Best $50 I spent! Right up there with the Touch Stones as a must have for me!
    Forgot to add the GRT case that was suggested on here is another item I couldn't live without for my pre! Not only do I feel my Pre has more protection around it (I take excellent care of my electronics) but the look is awesome too. I put a skin on the screen.
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 08/05/2010 at 06:33 PM.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    The best COMPACT size smartphone ever designed yet, the Pre-plus. On top you add the best ever mobile OS ever written yet, the webOS. And then the best phone service in USA, Verizon. I don't know why Verizon bothers to push any other phones.
    congrats on your purchases,
    and welcome into the fold.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by voirob View Post
    The best COMPACT size smartphone ever designed yet, the Pre-plus. On top you add the best ever mobile OS ever written yet, the webOS. And then the best phone service in USA, Verizon. I don't know why Verizon bothers to push any other phones.
    Less replacements and higher sales...

But congratulations on the Pre+ WebOS is nice...
  15. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    So far I am loving it! The battery life seems to be similar to my iPhone 3g. I was a little worried because of all of the complaints I have read. The first day I listened to slacker on the way to work 35 minutes (I didn't have the car charger yet), used it moderately at work (phone, text, email, downloading apps, fiddling with google maps, etc.), then listened to slacker on the way home. I did this all on one charge. It was below 20%, but my iPhone would have been about the same without the multitasking.
    Slacker actually resumes playing after ending a phone call! The iPhone was supposed to resume slacker or pandora after hanging up a call, but I think it only worked one time for me.

My wife said "I am loving this new phone!" She was amazed that she could still listen to slacker while texting.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post

I LOVE all the sale tips posted in these forums: hardware/accessories and software. . . I've spent a bundle but saved a ton! Just got my third touchstone. Like many others = one on my nightstand, one on my desk at work, and now finally one in the car.
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Does anyone know what delivery service Verizon uses to ship these accessories? The item advertised overnight shipping if the order was placed before 4:30 p.m. Of course I didn't see this until 4:45 p.m. on Monday so I was past the cutoff point. But I assumed that I would receive it today.

I'm hoping it didn't get left on my doorstep and picked up by someone else passing by while I was at work.
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    @kbo if i were u i wood take u & ur wifes phone bak rite away palm pre plus & palm pixi phones suck the battery is terrible ur phones will over heat from using the mobile hotspot ur tones for messages or emails wont last more then 5 sec so u cant really any custom tones cuz u wont hear it all camera doesnt have zoom
    @luke 35 comcast did dat **** will our free dell mini netbook they left it on the front porch in front of the door while i was on vacation thank god a close friend happen to see it & take it for us
    Nice, a troll with a terrible english