Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Yo people,

I got my Palm Pre in the post today which is awesome, but I can't get a SIM until next week. Is there anyway at all I could just play around with my phone whilst I wait? All it shows on my screen now is 'How to insert the sim"

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
    Yo people,

I got my Palm Pre in the post today which is awesome, but I can't get a SIM until next week. Is there anyway at all I could just play around with my phone whilst I wait? All it shows on my screen now is 'How to insert the sim"

Thanks!
    Unfortunately, if the device uses a sim card... Then it's required for activation. Your sim card will be here soon. There should be another way around it though.
    Last edited by rush; 08/05/2010 at 02:16 PM.
    You cant use it without service. But you can do a meta bypass to bypass activation if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Not! :-). Unfortunately, if the device uses a sim card... Then it's required for activation. Your sim card will be here soon.
    Here's the link to bypass carrier activation.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Hmm I was more wondering if there was something quicker that was more of a bypass than a software hack/mod.

I think I'll just have to wait and be patient I REEEALLY want to use it, it's fustrating
    Hmm I was more wondering if there was something quicker that was more of a bypass than a software hack/mod.

I think I'll just have to wait and be patient I REEEALLY want to use it, it's fustrating
    Thats actually fast if you know what you're going. I believe you can just put your sim card in when ready or doctor again to have the phone accept your sim card. Im not too sure about that.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Oh thanks for the help guys, but I think it's possible for me to get a SIM tonight hopefully
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You better be joking, Mr. "Do a battery pull. It will save most if not all of your problems"!

Im sorry, but that was funny.
    GuyFromNam : Ha,ha..haa!!
    GuyFromNam : Ha,ha..haa!!
    Jason Black and GuyFromNam:
    I am too. Did that already.. Guess what! I feel a lot better. A battery pull really fixes problems. :-)
    I am too. Did that already.. Guess what! I feel a lot better. A battery pull really fixes problems. :-)
    It really does... I ran out of gas the other day and pulled my car battery.. viola! It fixed it! Total cure-all! LOL (just teasin)
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I found an old o2 sim that was my gf's, put it in and it works
    I found an old o2 sim that was my gf's, put it in and it works
    There you go buddy. Enjoy!