1.    #1  
    So today I got bored at work and started tracking my battery usage when streaming internet radio. I found out that my Bell Pre was using between 500 and 600mA an hour. That means that it is using HALF A BATTERY AN HOUR!

Even more stunning; when plugged in USB it still drains the battery to the tune of 120-160mA an hour!

I knew the Pre loved battery but this was a whole new level of use.

Don't get me started on the temps it hits after 3 hours of streaming :O
    Weak signal area? I usually get around 20-30% drain per hour when streaming over EVDO.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    No it's true in my case aswell. Must be a Bell Pre issue. This is why I never understood why people love listening to Podcasts on their Pre. I have 3-4 bars consistently at work yet I get maybe 3 hours battery life from my Pre if listening to a streamed podcast.

This is why I don't like using my phone as a media device and stick to the good 'ol Zune HD which gets days of battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    No it's true in my case aswell. Must be a Bell Pre issue. This is why I never understood why people love listening to Podcasts on their Pre. I have 3-4 bars consistently at work yet I get maybe 3 hours battery life from my Pre if listening to a streamed podcast.

This is why I don't like using my phone as a media device and stick to the good 'ol Zune HD which gets days of battery.
    I download the podcasts before I listen to them. Also, depending on the app, it doesn't really "stream" so to speak. It downloads maybe 5-10 minutes of it then stops, then when it gets close to the end of said 5-10 minutes it downloads another 5-10 minutes so the radio isn't constantly transferring data.

But downloading them is easier IMO, and with DrPodder I can download them automatically. Even over EVDO it only takes a few minutes to download a 1 hour podcast.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo