1.    #1  
    ok here is what happened, yesterday i recently added preware to my phone and begin customizing it with various apps and patchs, including uberkernal and govnah. everything was fine util today i checked my voicemail and the phone got stuck on voice mail and was completely frozen, the only thing i could do was a hard reset by taking the battery out, then the phone hung on the "palm" page without pulsing, so i reset it again by taking the battery out, the phone started up fine but i soon realized everything i had done to the phone was gone and all the factory settings were restored, ringtone and all. except the few patches that i added such as led light and device menu remix remained, even though my preware was gone, does any one know what happened to my phone and how to fix it???
    all you should have to do is do a partial erase and when you sign back into your profile all your backed up stuff will load on to your phone automatically . now all the homebrew apps and stuff like that will not load back .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    all your personal (usb stored) items will be gone ie pics, music, pdf files etc.... you should be able to recover your apps including paid apps as you only have to pay for them once. Just go back to where you bought them (app cat) and re-download...I believe there are some patches in preware that will let you save everything including pages for your launcher as well as locations of your apps on those pages, something i haven't looked into as of yet
  4.    #4  
    thanks alot, but is there anyway to restore my preware stuff?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    all your personal (usb stored) items will be gone ie pics, music, pdf files etc.... you should be able to recover your apps including paid apps as you only have to pay for them once. Just go back to where you bought them (app cat) and re-download...I believe there are some patches in preware that will let you save everything including pages for your launcher as well as locations of your apps on those pages, something i haven't looked into as of yet
    Once you log into your palm profile, it should automatically redownload all purchased apps.

Quote Originally Posted by nbeaver85 View Post
    thanks alot, but is there anyway to restore my preware stuff?
    You will have to start from scratch (reinstalling preware)

Your best bet would be to completely erase your phone, and start over. that way you don't have patches installed (i.e. led, etc.) that preware is unaware of.
    i know it "should" auto redownload purchased apps, but I'll tell ya from experience.... When I got my replacement phone in the mail, not all the apps that I had bought came back, and I had to re-download several apps. Most of what I had installed prior to me breaking my phone came back, but there were a few I had to find and re-download. Not sure why, I talked to Palm via their chat support service, they didn't seem to know why either. I guess nothing is perfect, but glad that it (the system) remembered what I had already bought, and just let me re-download the apps.
    The same thing happened to me this morning.

I was listening to music with music player remix, and the Pre randomly rebooted. I then switched to the built in music player and it reset again, only this time all my music, and preware apps are gone. The wallpaper is back to default and everything.