Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I am having major issues with my Pre and IMAP. It's worked like a charm for almost a year. Haven't changed anything in terms of serer settings, etc. Now all of a sudden I get the evil caution triangle constantly. Won't send or receive emails. Using a Sprint Pre and Rackspace hosting.

So far I've tried:
    • restarting
    • deleting the account and re-entering - it worked for a day or two, then stopped working again
    • Updating my Sprint PRL
    • Updating the Network settings

I am still unable to send or receive emails. Other accounts are fine - Yahoo and Gmail. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I need my IMAP to work!
    Have you contacted Rackspace to see if the problem is on their end?
    Right, maybe you've reached your storage space limit?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Right, maybe you've reached your storage space limit?
    sadly, no - I'm able to access imap with outlook fine. And oddly, I can access imap on gmail and yahoo. But not rackspace. Talked to their customer support and they didn't have an answer either. Ready to scream.
    Can it sync any folders other than the inbox?
    If it's using an encrypted connection - check the certificate. I'll bet it's expired and/or been replaced and WebOS is enforcing the rules on expired certificates correctly, unlike almost anything else.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    It's really bizarre. If I turn the phone off, then on again, it pulled in a bunch of messages. Not completely synced, but partially. Then when I check email it gives me the dreaded yellow triangle. Spam folder synced (only 2 messages) And I was able to send an email through the account. But the inbox is doggedly unable to sync.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    If it's using an encrypted connection - check the certificate. I'll bet it's expired and/or been replaced and WebOS is enforcing the rules on expired certificates correctly, unlike almost anything else.
    How do I check the certificate?
    It might be a particular email that the Pre email client is choking on. You could try setting it to only sync 3 days of emails so that maybe it won't pick up the bad email.

If that doesn't work, try moving the last few days of emails into another folder so the inbox is empty, and then send and email and see if you get it.

It's probably not a certificate issue if you can sync folders other than the inbox.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    It might be a particular email that the Pre email client is choking on. You could try setting it to only sync 3 days of emails so that maybe it won't pick up the bad email.

If that doesn't work, try moving the last few days of emails into another folder so the inbox is empty, and then send and email and see if you get it.

It's probably not a certificate issue if you can sync folders other than the inbox.
    I think you are right. Just switched it to 3 days and it seems to be working. Just received an email as it was sent.

Thanks so much!