1.    #1  
    When I put my Pre into usb mode and try to put music on it from my Pc most of them dont show up in music player.. any suggestions?
    Did you convert them to the mp3 format?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    What format are the music files in? (IE MP3)
    And are they tagged? I don't use my pre for my music collection, so don't know the specifics, but the same methods apply. I use my own script with lame to do my encoding. If you are a windoze user, cdex is a great tool to rip from CD to mp3. I recommend using VBR with the standard preset for the best tradeoff between quality and file size. This is one of the reasons I prefer ripping my own stuff from CD rather than download.
    : (){:|:&};:
  5.    #5  
    The files are .wma files. does this format not work on the pre? not sure how to change the format
    Quote Originally Posted by markpaul55 View Post
    The files are .wma files. does this format not work on the pre? not sure how to change the format
    Nope, they do not work on the Pre.

DVD Video Soft has a great free software you can use to convert the files to MP3, so do Media Monkey and Handbrake!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    even recent versions of Windows Media Player can rip CD's to MP3. No real need to use 3rd party software.
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    even recent versions of Windows Media Player can rip CD's to MP3. No real need to use 3rd party software.
    Right. Just re-rip them and change the setting in Windows Media Player to rip to .mp3 format.
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    2 reasons.... 1 to convert the files already ripped.

2 (and this is the big one), Windows Media Player is GARBAGE for managing audio (I only user WMP when I need it to play certain codecs on my HTPC that my HTPC software doesn't work to friendly with.
    My experience has been that other file formats will sync via the WMP, but only MP3 will show in the embedded Pre+ music player. Basically, you need to convert your CD's to MP3's to get the music player to work with the files.
    <This Page is Blank>
    phone only supports music file types: MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV