1.    #1  
    Is there an equivalent on the Pre to the Home and End keys on a PC? When typing a text message or URL I want to be able to jump back to the beginning or go to the end. Is that possible?
    Not certain of the answer you ask, but you can just TAP there.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Not certain of the answer you ask, but you can just TAP there.
    I get that. But what if the URL is too long to fit on the screen? How do you get back to the beginning without deleting everything?
    Never ran into that, but perhaps "Orange/Grey + gesture" in the direct you want to move the cursor?
    Not org/grey gesture, but org/grey drag cursor across screen with finger.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Never ran into that, but perhaps "Orange/Grey + gesture" in the direct you want to move the cursor?
    Thank you for the suggestion. However, that does not do the trick.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Not org/grey gesture, but org/grey drag cursor across screen with finger.
    Now that did the trick. Thanks. But for clarification, is it true that there is not a command to make the cursor jump to the beginning or the end?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Repeating what was already mentioned, tapping the orange key and dragging anywhere on the screen (not in the gesture area) will act like a cursor. You can move back, forward, up, and down within text.

edit: Looks like you already figured it out. There is no home or end key though.
    If you do as dbdoinit suggests, it works.
    Try this, tap the URL address (it should highlight yellow), then, while holding the Org/Gray button, swipe left across the screen and the cursor will go to the beginning. Swipe right and the cursor will go to the end. Don't swipe in the gesture area.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by bosabilene View Post
    Now that did the trick. Thanks. But for clarification, is it true that there is not a command to make the cursor jump to the beginning or the end?
    True
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I'm with you on this as I've encountered times when these shortcuts would be nice. But to answer your question directly - no, there are no commands for that action. Best option is as stated... tap to place the cursor, press orange/grey and swipe, swipe, swipe to move the cursor back (or forward).
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Another tip you may not know, hold the shift key and drag your finger to highlight text. Then you can copy or cut the highlighted text by tapping in the gesture area and pressing c or v respectively. Pasting tap gesture area and press p.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Another tip you may not know, hold the shift key and drag your finger to highlight text. Then you can copy or cut the highlighted text by tapping in the gesture area and pressing c or v respectively. Pasting tap gesture area and press p.
    on mine doing a cut is tapping in the gesture area and pressing x
    paste is done by pressing v while in the gesture area
    false, you can you must have the text highlighted
    while text is highlighted hold down on the action key and swipe right to go to end, left to go to home on the screen. Text must be highlighted.
    bump. I don't think it is widly known but is possible as above
    You can lift your finger up and reposition if for example you are too close to the edge without losing your spot, just remember to keep holding the grey/oragne button the whole time.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html