Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Any tips for using the Pre touchscreen in high humidity? I am finding that either my finger sticks or the Pre doesn't see it, and it takes several tries to accomplish anything.
    I would really suggest trying a product like PhantomSkinz. They work great and help out in humid areas!
    could be something wrong with your phone? I'm in STL and it is very very humid here all the time and I haven't had any issues.
    Down here in Louisiana it's humid most every day. Only thing I've noticed is sometimes when my phone doesn't register my touch, I need to rub my fingers together, maybe to heat up the tip, then it works properly.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    Down here in Louisiana it's humid most every day. Only thing I've noticed is sometimes when my phone doesn't register my touch, I need to rub my fingers together, maybe to heat up the tip, then it works properly.
    Agreed. Rubbing the fingers helps a lot when the phone does not respond.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    In North FL here, just about as humid as they come... One thing you might try is a glass/fog cleaner for motorcycle helmet visors or goggles. I used it on mine and made a big difference. Keeps the condensation off the screen...

This is what I used, as it's what I had...
    Scott Lens Cleaner and Anti-Fog Spray - 2 oz. RTI02
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Agreed. Rubbing the fingers helps a lot when the phone does not respond.
    Huh!
    I never though of that.
    But doesn't that make the fingertip more oily, which is bad for screen sensitivity?
    Quote Originally Posted by ospreyguy View Post
    In North FL here, just about as humid as they come...
    I'm with ya there
    Is your display name a reference to UNF?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I just came in from 102 F with a heat index of 122 F. But I had no problem using my phone. And it stayed a cool 25 C.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I just came in from 102 F with a heat index of 122 F. But I had no problem using my phone. And it stayed a cool 25 C.
    my phone is NEVER 25 c .... was that with govnah or batt temp? I've got 31 in govnah and 30 batt temp (100% charge, slider open, plugged into computer USB to charge).
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'm with ya there
    Is your display name a reference to UNF?
    Yep! Go ospreys! We will swoop you up! hehehe...
    carnauba wax works great
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/09/2010 at 08:55 AM.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Here it's been like soup outside, 110 heat index... but the capacitive screen seems even better. It's not heat, it's conductivity... so moisture actually helps, until it gets too saturated. Cold dry air is what kills it, since your fingertips are dry.

Made me think of the other day at work, had phone in back pocket, pulled it out to find that my rear was multitasking... had over 10 cards open and Pandora going! I have a new culprit for my battery drain issues... and may be getting a holster for work
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    my phone is NEVER 25 c .... was that with govnah or batt temp? I've got 31 in govnah and 30 batt temp (100% charge, slider open, plugged into computer USB to charge).
    Sorry, just saw your post. That was with govnah (uberkernel, screenstate/800/500)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    Made me think of the other day at work, had phone in back pocket, pulled it out to find that my rear was multitasking... had over 10 cards open and Pandora going!
    It's never good for a guy's rear to do any multi-tasking.
    agreed... Yikes
    (shoulda said

Sure it multi-tasks... British scientists use it to calibrate their instruments!

lol.... I miss the old SNL
    That's a whole new take on **** dialing.