1.    #1  
    Just discovered something I had suspected - I occasionally move an email from my inbox to another folder to keep. I went looking for an email that I am positive I saved and it is gone. I also found more that were missing. Is there a "trick" in saving into another folder, i.e., only can be done on the computer and not the Pre??
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Check your preferences and see how long you have set up to show email. Goes from 1 day to all.
    No trick in moving emails to another folder.
    With email open just touch the jesture area and hold and press m and then select the folder you want it in.
    Check your account online and see if your lost emails show up there.

As yota265 has indicated, your Pre will only show the email for whatever time period you have it set for, such as 1 day, 2 days and etc.

So, if you have it set to show mail only for the past 5 days, but the email you saved was from 2 weeks ago, you are not going to see it on your Pre, but it will be saved online in your gmail account.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4.    #4  
    Ok - that was the problem - did not see that - thanks! I checked on the computer but the emails are not there either. Oh well, future problems are erased before they start. Thanks for the help guys!
    Are you saying you are still missing some that are unaccounted for? If so, check trash...I've deleted gmail messages accidentally a couple of times on the pre with an unintended swipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    Ok - that was the problem - did not see that - thanks! I checked on the computer but the emails are not there either. Oh well, future problems are erased before they start. Thanks for the help guys!
    Just another tip, one that I use to ensure I don't delete anything by accident in the gmail on my Pre.

If you go into your account preferences and click your gmail account, scroll down and you'll see the area that lets you select what happens with each folder, such as inbox reads from the inbox and etc.

For the deleted items folder, I adjusted the target destination from trash to be the All Mail folder, instead. So, when I clean out the mail on my Pre or move stuff, nothing actually gets deleted in my gmail account. I just log-in on my computer, once in awhile, and then clean out the stuff I really want to delete.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7.    #7  
    Great ideas - thanks again!