Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Yesterday I cracked my Pre's screen. All i did was push the center home button after a call and the display was nonresponive, so i looked at it at an angle and the screen busted from the center button out and up. It is still perfectly clear, just no touchscreen. I have to pay the $100 to get a replacement from Sprint/Asurion. Does anyone know if I will receive a new or refurbished unit? Also, has anyone else had this issue? I'm mad because this will be my 4th or 5th pre since november of last year.
    Most likely a refurb though it's not unheard of to get a new phone as a replacement when they are out of refurbs or you have had an excessive amount of replacements
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Alright. Should know by tmrw.
    Another option, would be to pick up a Pre Plus with a bad ESN (verizon or ATT, doesn't matter) on the big auction site, and follow the directions floating around here for swapping out the comm board.

It will cost you less than the $100 deductible, and you'll have a pre plus instead of another 1st gen pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Received my replacement today. It is a refurbished device. The power button is broken on it though and does not click or spring and is hard to press, so i called Asurion and they offered a replacement. I asked specifically for a brand new pre rather than a refurb and they said no problem, so hopefully tmrw when i receive it I will have a new problem free pre.
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    Can you do this at the sprint repair center? Does anyone know if they stock pre's?
    I got a brand new one.
    I had the side by the power button cracked and I was missing the volume button and USB door.
    I got it through insurance though, so it had to be shipped from Tennessee or something.
    But it was overnight shipping, which was awesome.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    Are you sure it was brand new with all that damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    Are you sure it was brand new with all that damage?
    Yup, checked it by typing ##786# in the phone app.

Reconddate
    --/--/----

Recondstatus
    no

And I can tell anyways, the middle nob button is a lot much better looking than my previous one.
    I can see my reflection in it. Lol
    My last one I couldn't.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I could have taken it to my repair store, but they only offer refurbs when i go there and they take a day or 2 to get it in, so im better off getting a brand new one through asurion. Hopefully they processed my replacement right. I will know later today.