1.    #1  
    I bought a pixi for the MHS. I didn't do any research regarding the differences between the pre and the pixi. I heard MHS and picked the pixi because it was in stock at the local Verizon. I am not too excited about the connection speed while using the MHS on my pixi. I have heard the Pre has a faster processor and is a better phone overall. Is this true? I am thinking of switching phones and getting a Pre. Is the Pre better than the Pixi for connection speeds using the MHS? I have an Ipod Touch. Downloading apps and using certain apps that require wifi is really slow on this pixi. Thanks,
    I can't remember without checking again, but I think I was measuring about 1.3Mbps download on Speedtest.net from my Macbook when using it on my VZW Pre Plus MHS.
    There are a couple of threads in the Pixi forum that show heads up comparisons of the Pre and Pixi specs and performance. You should check them out.

Also, you might try the "unthrottle download manager" patch and see if that improves your speeds any.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I have a Verizon Pre Plus. I get a consistent 1.2m download speed, and about 225k up.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    I get over 1mbps down on my Sprint Pre using MHS unless I am using my iPad then I only get 128kbps.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I get over 1mbps down on my Sprint Pre using MHS unless I am using my iPad then I only get 128kbps.
    Why is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    Why is that?
    Not sure. Uploads are the same (300-500kbps) but downloads are right around 128kbps. Only on the iPad. My Macbook Pro and other Windows laptops work just fine.

I am hoping that either the 1.4.5 update fixes it, or the iOS 4 update for the iPad fixes it. So I got 2 shots.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  8.    #8  
    Alright. I went to speedtest.net. I tested the pixi and it showed a download speed of .53mbps. Then, I did a test on a wireless network from the guy nextdoor. That showed a speed of 1.66mbps. That shows me that this pixi is slow. So, what can I do to crank up the horsepower on this thing? I think I would be happy with the 1mbps download speeds like some of you are getting. Is this because the Pre is the better phone? Again, I'm on Verizon. Thanks for all of the replies!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rockdzl View Post
    Alright. I went to speedtest.net. I tested the pixi and it showed a download speed of .53mbps. Then, I did a test on a wireless network from the guy nextdoor. That showed a speed of 1.66mbps. That shows me that this pixi is slow. So, what can I do to crank up the horsepower on this thing? I think I would be happy with the 1mbps download speeds like some of you are getting. Is this because the Pre is the better phone? Again, I'm on Verizon. Thanks for all of the replies!!
    It's not the Pixi it's your wireless coverage. Do some tests in different locations and you will see different results. I am lucky I get around 1mbps inside my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    Why is that?
    Pretty common complaint for those connecting an iPod touch via MHS. The download speeds are throttled back to 100-150kbps while upload speeds are typically 500-600kbps. Meanwhile my wife's netbook connects with normal (1-2mbps) download speeds at the same sitting.

I've yet to hear a good reason or solution. Those with ipads seem to have a more volatile experience.

Since I upgraded my touch to os4, my wifi is much more stable with mhs but still slow. That said, I will typically surf with the touch rather than the pre!