Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. grkmanga31's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #1  
    hey guys, ive been a part of the site for over a year now and have never posted. But im having an issue with my pre not only is the usb cover broken, and the power button jammed but everytime i try to go to the contact list my phone freezes and automaticlly reboots. Does anyone know why this happens? are there any solutions?

    thanks
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by grkmanga31 View Post
    hey guys, ive been a part of the site for over a year now and have never posted. But im having an issue with my pre not only is the usb cover broken, and the power button jammed but everytime i try to go to the contact list my phone freezes and automaticlly reboots. Does anyone know why this happens? are there any solutions?

    thanks
    Have you ever performed a Dr. and tried to restore your SMS and Call logs prior to this happening?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3. grkmanga31's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #3  
    nope. this is happening for as long as i can remember. My first pre didnt do this but it fell and broke and my replacement has done this from the beginning. Someone i spoke to recently thought it had to do with memory but i dont think thats true considering i barely have any apps on my phone.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by grkmanga31 View Post
    nope. this is happening for as long as i can remember. My first pre didnt do this but it fell and broke and my replacement has done this from the beginning. Someone i spoke to recently thought it had to do with memory but i dont think thats true considering i barely have any apps on my phone.
    1. Have you tried the WebOS repair utility? (Search the forums you will find it and the instructions for running it)

    2. If #1 doesn't fix it, you might try doing an Apps and data erase from the system info app reset options. This simply reloads your Palm Profile, just in case your contacts info is corrupted somehow. Make sure you back up any pictures/music/data and homebrew apps or patches first.

    3. If that doesn't fix it, make a visit to the Dr. There are numerous threads with step by step instructions here on the forums.

    Good luck.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  5. #5  
    Many have lost their USB covers, it is very flimsy and nothing to worry about, unless you have a phone that looks pristine.

    There are several posts with fixes for the power button, that just requires a search.

    As to the freezing, you may get more responses if you add some more information, such as what else is running when it happens, if anything and if your phone is stock or patched, overclocked and etc.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6. grkmanga31's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #6  
    thanks for the help..ill try them out =)
  7. grkmanga31's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #7  
    my phone does have a few patches but this problem started to happen when i first got the phone to begin with, before there were any patches and it still happens with the pacthes so i guess theres no luck there
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by grkmanga31 View Post
    my phone does have a few patches but this problem started to happen when i first got the phone to begin with, before there were any patches and it still happens with the pacthes so i guess theres no luck there
    Is the phone a refurb? If so it could still have some remnants of what was there before. They may have just done some kind of reset without doing a full Erase and Dr.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  9. grkmanga31's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #9  
    possibly. I may just do a full erase and be sure to back everything up before doing it
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by grkmanga31 View Post
    possibly. I may just do a full erase and be sure to back everything up before doing it
    I would do the full erase... then Dr. as well. The two are not the same. The full erase will get rid of all stored apps, data, and profile information. The Dr. however will replace the entire operating system ensuring a clean start. If the Dr. doesn't fix it then it is a profile problem and you will need to call Palm support and see if they can get you back to a time when it wasn't corrupt.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  11. grkmanga31's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #11  
    ok sounds good. thank you for the info
  12. FragU's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #12  
    Had the same issue, and am sad to tell you what was the culprit.

    When pulling up contacts it would take MINUTES to come up with the search... many times I thought it had frozen up solid.

    What I found was that I had a program on the PC running Microsoft Exchange that synced (sp?) my exchange contacts with my Gmail contacts... and that program went horribly wrong. Instead of 350 contacts I had over 23,000 contacts!

    No wonder my poor, under-powered Palm Pre had trouble indexing 23,000 contacts.

    Once I cleared out my exchange everything worked perfectly.

    As always, YMMV, but that's what did it for me. Best of luck...

Posting Permissions