1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I did a search on deleting music before I posted. Unfortunatly It didn't help. I think it's necessary to say i don't use Itunes or synch my music - I just add my own MP3's from ripped CD's etc.

Bottomline, When I delete a music folder, it disappears but it doesnt remove it from my phone. This has created a mess because in an attempt to remove music I tried to add it back etc and now some of the music I wanted removed is now listed twice and now the songs play twice in a row, the music directory is all mixed up etc. etc.

How can i successfully delete music????

I have to say this has never happened before and not sure what the deal is all of the sudden.

Any help would be approeciated!

Thanks
    Do you use a Mac or PC?
  4.    #4  
    I use a PC and no never used Internalz. I'll check it out. thx
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpixer View Post
    Hi all,
    I did a search on deleting music before I posted. Unfortunatly It didn't help. I think it's necessary to say i don't use Itunes or synch my music - I just add my own MP3's from ripped CD's etc.
    I think that the problem might be that the music player doesn't "refresh" its list of available music unless it thinks it needs to. I believe that if you hook your phone up to your computer and choose the "media sync" option, the music player will then force a re-cataloging of the music on the phone.

I have not had this problem myself, but based on my experience trying to load playlists, this may be your issue.

Note that you can choose the Media Sync option without actually "syncing" the phone with anything—it will still show up as a USB drive like in USB mode, and you can still drag-and-drop music like you do in USB mode.
  6.    #6  
    OK i looked at it. Do I really have to run Internalz and File Mgr services just to delete music folders???
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpixer View Post
    OK i looked at it. Do I really have to run Internalz and File Mgr services just to delete music folders???
    To do it from your phone? Yes. (EDIT... you will like having file managment capability from your Pre, it is a good thing)

Your issue sounds like the folders you are deleting are being moved to some sort of trash or recycle bin on your USB drive portion of your Pre (media\internal\). I don't know how it is happening since you are not using a MAC, but if it is, your Music app will find all compatibable media in that portion of your drive. So while you may have deleted it from your primary music folder, your music app still sees it in the trash/recycle folder.

So you might do a search to see where these files are actually residing outside of your music folder and delete them from there also.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 08/03/2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: additional comment
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    There is also the possibility a portion of your internal memory has failed and, as it is SSD, the data can still be read, just not changed. It is possible the pointers to that data just happen to now be permanent.

This, however, is unlikely but if you can't manage to delete it with Internalz, or another computer this may be the case.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks everyone. i will work at this again and see if I am successful.
  10.    #10  
    Ok I cleared them - FINALLY!!! I went into device info and did a 'USB only' reset after I backed up my images etc etc.

thanks!