1.    #1  
    When I connect my Palm Pre to the wall charger, it stays on fine. But when I connect it to the computer to put Preware on it, it stays on for about 30 seconds and then the screen goes slowly black, and then it turns off and resets. I recently had to do a Full Erase on it to make it work again, because it would not let me send or receive texts and I had the EV icon in the top with full coverage, and it said that I didn't have a data plan, when I do.
    Any help is very much appreciated!
    Thanks
    Patrick
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick c. View Post
    When I connect my Palm Pre to the wall charger, it stays on fine. But when I connect it to the computer to put Preware on it, it stays on for about 30 seconds and then the screen goes slowly black, and then it turns off and resets. I recently had to do a Full Erase on it to make it work again, because it would not let me send or receive texts and I had the EV icon in the top with full coverage, and it said that I didn't have a data plan, when I do.
    Any help is very much appreciated!
    Thanks
    Patrick
    Not having a data plan is a known issue from your phone subscriber. Nothing to worry about... The problem might be coming from your computer, and not the phone. I know that depending on how much time you set the backlight too, will result to the screen light going off. If you think your phone is at fault, then run a webos repair utility. There maybe some missing, or modified file(s). (ps) Sometime a simple battery pull, might fix the problem.

Best of luck.
  3.    #3  
    We have tried a battery pull, and it is not the backlight, it is the phone turning off. The screen goes black, and then comes back on with the Palm logo.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick c. View Post
    We have tried a battery pull, and it is not the backlight, it is the phone turning off. The screen goes black, and then comes back on with the Palm logo.
    Ok, try doctoring the phone. If that doesn't work... Return the device for repairs. There is no reason to be unsatisfied with a phone, that's why we have insurance. :-)

Best of luck.