Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I have read and know about the Mobiel Hotspot and Vista issue, but is anyone aware of the Mobile Hotspot and Windows 7 issue. If so, how did you fix it.

When I turn the mobile hotspot on, my laptop connects to it, but then every 15 - 20sec it disconnects and then reconnect. Though my laptop with XP on it, I am not having any issues.
    It works just fine with Windows 7.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magistus View Post
    It works just fine with Windows 7.
    Do you possibly know what the problem could be that I am having then? The reason why it keeps loosing the connection to the computer.
    I use the hot spot with windows 7 almost every day and only have that issue every once in a while. Maybe one out of twenty. When it does disconnect it reconnects immediately. It has never been a problem with web browsing.
    Do you have a network cable plugged in as well? If so, try unplugging it and see how wireless hotspot works...
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vortmax View Post
    Do you have a network cable plugged in as well? If so, try unplugging it and see how wireless hotspot works...
    No Intranet Cable. I think it may be something with my laptop, maybe a setting or something.
    I've had the same problem with Vista and Ubuntu. I read somewhere it could be your network card drivers. I was going to try usb tether and went through the steps to get it working with MyTether and never could get it to work. Went back to using MHS and it worked just fine. Not sure if by installing MyTether I corrected the problem or what. I haven't tested it again yet but it worked once for close to an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by trivia3 View Post
    Do you possibly know what the problem could be that I am having then? The reason why it keeps loosing the connection to the computer.
    Try updating your network card drivers and see if you still have an issue.