Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I bought and EVO and returned it because I love webos. I bought a used pre off of Craigslist and it was not in good shape. I did the ##786# thing and it said the warranty date was Aug. 15. The center button was flaking off so I called Sprint and they said they would send me out a replacement. I first had to speak with the multiple device exchange division. I have had 3 pre replaced in the past. I asked the guy I talked to if it would be a new device and of course he said no. When I got the package 2 days later it was a new pre in the box with everything in it. I did the ##786# to see if it was true and sure enough it was. The warranty date code was 5-21-10 and the phone seems to be put together better than my other 3 pre I have had. I wonder if they are sending new new pre out instead of refurbs? By the way I live just outside of the area where they make you take the device to the store for repair.
  2. #2  
    Nice!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  3. #3  
    is the Evo that bad?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by treycarver View Post
    is the Evo that bad?
    This is based on POV. If you just compare specs and hardware than obviously the EVO is vastly superior. If you look at type and quality of apps than you will have a much larger variety with the EVO. Personally I like the interface on my Pre over the EVO, however new roms are always coming out that change that.

    IMO can't really compare the Pre to the EVO because the Pre is over a year old and the EVO is still fresh on the market with latest hardware.


    OP congrats on getting a new Pre. My release day Pre was giving me issues and they sent me 2 refurbs. Second one is very close to new, but still not new.
  5. #5  
    FYI, Just got back from the sprint store after ordering a replacement for my phone from the local store. They tried to pawn off this phone which is obviously a recon. I checked the manfu date, it was 10/09!, the slider is the worst I have ever expierenced out of the 4 phones i've had my hands on.

    My screen started to discolor and become unresponsive, so I decided to get it switched under insurance. My phone had NO wooble what so ever, I told them look my phone is in better condition at this point I won't except this. Needless to say I have another suppose "recon" on its way.

    So apprently new phones are not coming through the pipes. If anything it seems like this is old left over recons from after the pre's release. When they first had all the problems.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treycarver View Post
    is the Evo that bad?
    The hardware is awesome on the evo but Android just isn't webos. I cant wait till the new hardware comes out.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    FYI, Just got back from the sprint store after ordering a replacement for my phone from the local store. They tried to pawn off this phone which is obviously a recon. I checked the manfu date, it was 10/09!, the slider is the worst I have ever expierenced out of the 4 phones i've had my hands on.

    My screen started to discolor and become unresponsive, so I decided to get it switched under insurance. My phone had NO wooble what so ever, I told them look my phone is in better condition at this point I won't except this. Needless to say I have another suppose "recon" on its way.

    So apprently new phones are not coming through the pipes. If anything it seems like this is old left over recons from after the pre's release. When they first had all the problems.
    What are you talking about with this recon thing? I have never heard of that before.
  8. #8  
    Came back from sprint store with my replacement again, this one is much better. Instantly could see the difference. Oddly, this one is older then the first heh.

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    What are you talking about with this recon thing? I have never heard of that before.
    Say what?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preowner9051 View Post
    I bought and EVO and returned it because I love webos. I bought a used pre off of Craigslist and it was not in good shape. I did the ##786# thing and it said the warranty date was Aug. 15. The center button was flaking off so I called Sprint and they said they would send me out a replacement. I first had to speak with the multiple device exchange division. I have had 3 pre replaced in the past. I asked the guy I talked to if it would be a new device and of course he said no. When I got the package 2 days later it was a new pre in the box with everything in it. I did the ##786# to see if it was true and sure enough it was. The warranty date code was 5-21-10 and the phone seems to be put together better than my other 3 pre I have had. I wonder if they are sending new new pre out instead of refurbs? By the way I live just outside of the area where they make you take the device to the store for repair.
    There is always the possibility of getting new phones when sending in a replacement especially when a device originally launches.

    When devices are sent in and repaired, working parts are put aside to be used on new replacements and "junk" parts are scraped. Sometimes new seed stock is needed to be ordered to fulfill repair orders if the part you need replaced is not currently available.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts

Posting Permissions