1.    #1  
    Since I am not sure where the picture in this PreCentral article comes from I don't know for sure. But look at the device printed on the page coming out of the HP printer.

http://www.precentral.net/what-kind-...-you-want-next

Now if this was something that came out of the Pre Central community, then cool. But if it is something that came from HP then that device looks like a nice landscape slider w/bigger screen and keyboard.

If anyone knows where the pic came from, feel free to chime in.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Noticed this too. Pretty sure it is shopped!
    Yeah, pretty sure it was dreamed up by P|C, otherwise I think the whole article would have been a "what is that device on the printed page" rather than a "what do you want next" piece.

I don't think Derek would have missed a chance to jump all over that...
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    100% sure it's shopped.
    Shopped...if you look closely at the image on the right it is a bit skewed, and the one on the left is too squished for a landscape keyboard. Plus most side keyboards have an extra row of numbers like a regular keybaord as there is more room to fit all the keys.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Plus most side keyboards have an extra row of numbers like a regular keybaord as there is more room to fit all the keys.
    Maybe so... but if Palm did come out with one I would prefer the keyboard to be just like the one on the Pre, only bigger.

I see the skewing but since it is a picture of a picture at an angle... I thought some of that would be expected.

I also considered whether it might be a squished Pre, but the corners are much sharper on the outside edges. The keyboard tray is different (look near the top part of the tray). The guesture area is very narrow and has no led or button. Even if you "squished" a pre or pre plus the guesture area would be larger.

If anything it looks very much like the concept drawing for the so called C40 that someone posted sometime last year. That had more defined corners like this. So it very well could be a re-use of that fictional concept drawing.

Anyway... it was fun to think about for a moment.
    Good eyes OP... but nothing there, unfortunately. I blew the pic up to take a look, and it's just a 'shopped' pic. It does say Palm on it and they did put a nice touch in the photo by adding the launcher bar. But it is one ugly square phone.

It is getting exciting knowing something new is on the horizon! Just wish they would let something slip about new stuff... this would have been a pretty cool way of teasing!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Good eyes OP... but nothing there, unfortunately. I blew the pic up to take a look, and it's just a 'shopped' pic. It does say Palm on it and they did put a nice touch in the photo by adding the launcher bar. But it is one ugly square phone.

It is getting exciting knowing something new is on the horizon! Just wish they would let something slip about new stuff... this would have been a pretty cool way of teasing!
    Breaks my heart. Another 3 seconds of c40 excitement before reading responses.