Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    So after singing praises about how my Pre+ is the best phone ever to all my friends... I've already had to replace my phone after just over 1 month I'm really not that irritated that I had to replace the phone, but I AM pretty ****ed that I received a refurbished unit instead of a new one.

I called Verizon a few days before my 30 days was up, because I was having WiFi and MHS issues (MHS never toggled on and WiFi took forever to toggle on). After going through several steps to try and fix it with tech support, she told me I should go into a store and they would probably give me a new one. So I go into the store near my work and they pretty much say that they can't give me a new phone because they don't have any replacements there, and that tech support should have sent me one themselves. He then advises me to get back on the phone with tech support. I just reinstalled al my contacts, info, etc from wiping my phone, so I really kind of over it at that point.

So I call tech support back a few days later, and they had me do a complete wipe of the phone... AGAIN. Well, everything still was screwy so they said that they would send me a replacement phone. I was fine with that, but then they told me it was going to be a refurbished phone instead of a new one. When I asked why, the rep told me I was over 30 days, actually 32 days! I told him that I complained about this issue before my 30 days was up and he said that they still couldn't send me a NEW phone. I was pretty mad, but the issues with the phone were bugging me pretty bad so I reluctantly agreed to the refurbished phone.

When I got the replacement phone I wasn't real excited about it. But once I got it up and running, everything worked! It runs cooler and faster than the previous phone, and the battery life seems to have improved a bit (although still pretty terrible). I'm super happy with the way it's performing right now (though it's only been about a week), but can't help feeling a little bit screwed. Do you guys think I should have pushed harder to get a "new" phone? I'm still pretty iffy about the whole thing and am considering complaining about it.
    Really, a refurb can be just as good as new. If you're happy with the one you received, then it shouldn't matter that it's not "new." I'm sure you could complain, given that you started the process before your 30 days was up, but I'd personally not take the time to mess with it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Yeah, thats pretty much how I'm looking at it right now, but I can't help but think that when I walked into the store that they should have replaced it for me then and there. I mean, wouldn't it have been the same thing as me returning it? Then getting a new one? I dunno, just seems kind of weird to me.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Sometimes, refurbs are way better then new phones. Just keep it and and enjoy your cool phone.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog