Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    This is just a head's up. Beginning this past week, techs at Service and Repair locations have started training on disassembly and repair of Palm Pre's. Palm is finally letting us take them apart to replace common components. We now have the ability to replace speakers, headset ports, power buttons, and ear pieces. Everything else still has to go to Palm. We aren't able to disassemble them just yet because we're waiting on Palm to send us a special tool specifically to replace a gasket on the Pre, but it should be coming soon.

What's also cool is that we were given an entire disassembly and reassembly guide.
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
    step one, have this guy send you his phone. It would be good practice and help him out, too...

http://forums.precentral.net/general...d-devices.html
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    This is just a head's up. Beginning this past week, techs at Service and Repair locations have started training on disassembly and repair of Palm Pre's. Palm is finally letting us take them apart to replace common components. We now have the ability to replace speakers, headset ports, power buttons, and ear pieces. Everything else still has to go to Palm. We aren't able to disassemble them just yet because we're waiting on Palm to send us a special tool specifically to replace a gasket on the Pre, but it should be coming soon.

What's also cool is that we were given an entire disassembly and reassembly guide.
    The Sprint store I went to replaced the chipset for me...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    step one, have this guy send you his phone. It would be good practice and help him out, too...

http://forums.precentral.net/general...d-devices.html
    I was in a Sprint Repair center a few weeks ago. First he told me that I jad too many applications on my phone. I still have over half my memory and I have over 2000 music files and my picture ( maybe 300 ) are on there as well. He claimed Palm can only have 20 applications on the device. Mine has 120 . He put it on some sort of test machine and and it failed. It was still within the warranty so they sent me a replacement . My issue was the screen would blank out after a while of use and I could only seem to get the screen back by pulling the battery. New pre works fine. I have more apps pn it than before.

I can not wait top have this Richard work on my phone again ! Sprint , you still have a ways to go with the customer service part.
    Got my speaker replaced on Thursday at a store with a repair center. Had been blown a couple weeks, man it's nice to have it fixed.
    Just got back from the sprint store getting my pre fixed.. (wouldnt boot up and i couldnt doctor it) anyways they were able to fix it which is great but i also noticed afterwards i noticed my pre was on 1.4.5 running sprint configuration 2.5. anyone else have this happen to them. just for note it was the sprint store in san jose on stevens creek blvd
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Heh, I split me Pre in half...[screen and keyboard = separated] think they can fix it? (Seriously)
    I guess the camera isn't something that they would repair/replace, is it? (Who knows, it might be attached to one of the eligible repair parts listed, maybe?)
    yep im not in the business of lying
    uh, usb doors? Seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy2000 View Post
    Just got back from the sprint store getting my pre fixed.. (wouldnt boot up and i couldnt doctor it) anyways they were able to fix it which is great but i also noticed afterwards i noticed my pre was on 1.4.5 running sprint configuration 2.5. anyone else have this happen to them. just for note it was the sprint store in san jose on stevens creek blvd
    You need to start a new thread for this..
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Maybe Sprint just got tried of losing all that money replacing broken Pre's for one reason or another. Wow, can you imagine how much money they lost to someone on their tenth replacement. This is probably why the other retailers dropped it like it was hot, bad investment, losing more money then they were making.
    Sprint wouldn't be losing money on warranty replacements, that would be Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Maybe Sprint just got tried of losing all that money replacing broken Pre's for one reason or another. Wow, can you imagine how much money they lost to someone on their tenth replacement. This is probably why the other retailers dropped it like it was hot, bad investment, losing more money then they were making.
    I don't think you understand the process. Sprint didn't have to pay for those devices, they were RMA'd back to Palm.