1.    #1  
    Three questions...
    1. Never have liked the Memos app on the pre. since it has been a year or so are there now any good apps out there to put memos in catagories like on the old palm treos? have not been looking for a long time so figured I would check now days

2. if palm does not offer anything good how about in preware?

3. Is there a 'best preware' apps thread on the site I can check out per chance?

Did not check to buy anything when palm recently offered apps for half off and still uncertain if what one sees when on the Palm site looking for apps is now like the itunes store where you can search/see all apps. If not then one must still use the pre to see/search all palm apps which would be a pita I would think.

yes...I don't use the pre to be all it can be that is for sure. a good ms office app to edit ms docs and excel would be nice like docs to go in the old days so will see if that is now offered on pre
    Check out Notes, Classic Note, or Fliq Notes.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    use outlook and sync with pocket mirror, which has it's own notes app...
    I use ClassicNote and find is very similar to the Notes App that was on my Treo 755
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I'd recommend Jot It. Been using it for a couple of weeks and still liking it.
    Notes from Inglorious Apps is great (http://developer.palm.com/webChannel...iousapps.notes). I had an issue several weeks ago and the developer was very responsive. He had a patch for me within a few days. It costs but not a lot and is well worth the price. I think the best feature is the backup/restore using Google Docs.
    I use Classic Note also. The webOS Memos app is flat out embarrassing.

I almost returned the Pre when I saw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    I use Classic Note also. The webOS Memos app is flat out embarrassing.

I almost returned the Pre when I saw it.
    You almost returned an awesome phone because of a Memo app that does everything a Memo app should do? =S
    the stock memo app works fine for me
    Stock memo app is good for a quick sticky note on the bulletin board, not much more.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    You almost returned an awesome phone because of a Memo app that does everything a Memo app should do? =S
    Yes I did. WebOS pulled in around 500 notes I had on PalmOS. They were organized into a dozen categories. There were some notes that were locked with a password. The notes were either arranged alphabetically, by age, or in a custom arrangement; they differed by category. They were SEARCHABLE.

webOS took an organized trove of information and dumped it onto post-it notes, lumped them into one pile, out of order, discarded the categories, the security locks, and did not give me a way to search them. Just deleting them took many hours over several days.

I expected much more from Palm and they failed, spectacularily.

I love my Pre and webOS with no plans to go anywhere. If Classic Note had not been available, I don't know if I'd have stayed with webOS.
    I like the simpleness of the stock memo app.. I use it just like a pen and paper. Quick and easy and works like a memo app should.. Sounds like op needs notes by inglorious apps, excellent for more detailed notes , and backs up to google docs. It can also be password locked, and different categories can be made.