Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My phone is stuck in Phone offline, I can't get a replacement through Asurion because I've filed 3 replacements in 12 months, so December 11th is the next time I can file one. The Sprint repair center is open Monday-Saturday, and I need my phone a lot of the day every day. I'm busy from 8-6 on weekdays, so the earliest would be Saturday, but then they'd have to look at it, say oh well I guess it's broken, then order the replacement, which would take a while, but then I can't go the week after because once again, busy from 8-6. I need a solution for a new Pre, fast.

Also, for Sprint's activation, does the bill paying account have to be the one logged in to Activate it? I couldn't figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    1) Seems like you are pretty hard on phones. Maybe buy a cheap one to have as a backup that you can activate in times like this.

2) Have you tried doctoring the phone? If you are pressed for time and need the phone operating quickly, you may want to consider trying it. It may just be a software issue.

3) I'm not sure what you mean about activating it on the bill paying account. Is there an issue with late payments?

4) Have you called Sprint from a landline to see if they can assist? Not sure if they are available on Sundays or not.
    I also suggest you do the WebOS Doctor to reload the OS on your Pre. I recently had a lockup on my Pixi (applied too many patches, hacks, etc) and went through the doctoring process.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    I keep my old phones so I can always use them in a pinch.

if you need fast. You can buy full price from sprint or find one locally on craigs list.

or, grab a trac phone...
  5.    #5  
    I do have backup phones, back from when we used Nextel.

There isn't an issue with the payments, because my mom is still using hers fine. I have a Sprint account, which only shows my phone, but it's linked to my parents account which has all 3 of our phones. I'm not sure exactly how to ask what I mean. Maybe it'll make more sense when I have a new one.

I don't want to webOS Doctor because I'm afraid I won't be able to sign back into my Palm Profile. I am connected to WiFi right now, but it won't load the App Catalog, but I can get on the Web, use Facebook, etc.

I talked with Palm tech support, they said it wasn't a hardware/software issue(but they're known to not be the most amazingly accurate) so they told me to call Sprint, Sprint was like you need to go to a repair center, and I already explained why that isn't really going to work. I PM'ed HardBeatz and we talked, but I don't really know what to do except like an eBay/Craigslist purchase, or from someone on here.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I don't want to webOS Doctor because I'm afraid I won't be able to sign back into my Palm Profile.
    I just doctored mine this weekend and was able to login to my Palm Profile and set the phone up with no trouble. It's only the 2nd time I used the doctor since launch day and it worked flawlessly both times. As long as you have the right login information, it shouldn't be a problem. Do not fear the doctor!!

I talked with Palm tech support, they said it wasn't a hardware/software issue
    So what's left? An account issue? Sounds like they are just passing the buck. Did they recommend doctoring the phone at all? How can they tell over the phone that it's not a hardware issue? I guess they must have added a new script.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I just doctored mine this weekend and was able to login to my Palm Profile and set the phone up with no trouble. It's only the 2nd time I used the doctor since launch day and it worked flawlessly both times. As long as you have the right login information, it shouldn't be a problem. Do not fear the doctor!!

So what's left? An account issue? Sounds like they are just passing the buck. Did they recommend doctoring the phone at all? How can they tell over the phone that it's not a hardware issue? I guess they must have added a new script.
    I don't have any service. I mean it's in Phone offline. I don't have like any incoming data, aside from WiFi. Can I connect to WiFi from the Palm Profile sign in? I've doctored before for a different issue.

HardBeatz recommended doctoring, but everyone else was like "Have you tried restarting the phone?"
    I don't have any service. I mean it's in Phone offline. I don't have like any incoming data, aside from WiFi. Can I connect to WiFi from the Palm Profile sign in? I've doctored before for a different issue.
    Well, for what it's worth, I was playing around with my phone and screwed something up. I had Wifi but no network service at all. Could not login to internet because I somehow screwed up my network settings. I rebooted, pulled battery, but had no luck, so I doctored it and was back up and running in no time.

Did your phone just go into offline mode for no reason (that you can think of) or could you have done something to cause it? Really, at this point I would try doctoring if it's critical to get your phone back up and running quickly.
    I know it sounds simple, but have you tried pulling the battery and letting it sit for 5 or 10 minutes and then boot?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Ok my sister had a similar problem with her pixi, the phone and texting would work, but anything data related kept saying ".......Requires an internet connection." any way i fiddled around with the phone and noticed that in the phone app, under preferences; data usage was turned to off. I know it sounds dumb but with some of the wierd things webos does sometimes, it would be good to check that data usage is on.
  11.    #11  
    No I was literally like texting a friend and putting it back on the touchstone like I usually do, then I noticed it wasn't charging on the touchstone, and it just said phone offline. It's sitting on the touchstone right now, and it charges a little but the touchstone like clock thing doesn't come up, the screen is just off. I haven't installed anything new or done anything.

I will say that I have been turning data off during the day this week, but I turn it back on every day. I can't even go into phone preferences, nothing shows up. And ##debug# only shows battery voltage.

I think I might try doctoring it tonight. I've been on Google Voice texting from there from my phone(like I said I can still go on websites), but that's really not going to be an option.

I've pulled battery, reset, toggled airplane mode, pulled battery overnight(this happened last night), done like every thing I think possible.

In device info, no number comes up. I think that's because it's just offline.

It was weird, when the phone couldn't pick up a time or date, it reset to like 6:00(I don't know if AM or PM) March 24th. Anyone know of any significance? :P
    As it stands the phone is going back so doctor and if it doesn't work it will still be going back.
    but! it might,it just might not need to go back.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Follow vza33's advice and if that doesn't work turn on Airplane Mode and then turn it off.
  14.    #14  
    I can turn Airplane mode on, but when I go to turn it off, it still has the icon. I reset the java to make it go away.
    How many patches do you have? If you don't want to doctor, try removing some or all patches to see if that has any effect. Are you overclocking at all? If so, try going back to the stock kernel.
    Use the Emergency Repair Utility... its the step just before a doctor. It will pull off all your patches and put your system files back to how they should be right after a doctor, it just wont rewrite any of the core itself.

If that doesnt work, it sounds like you are going to have doctor. Plain and simple.
  17.    #17  
    How many patches do you have? If you don't want to doctor, try removing some or all patches to see if that has any effect. Are you overclocking at all? If so, try going back to the stock kernel.
    I have like 30 or 40 patches, but I haven't installed any new ones in like a month. I don't mind doctoring.

I am on the Warthog kernel, but I've gone back to the stock kernel and nothing has changed.
    I am on the Warthog kernel, but I've gone back to the stock kernel and nothing has changed.
    Interesting...I'm interested in seeing if the doctor fixes this issue. What clocking speed were you set to? Overclocking does have its risks and can't be ruled out as a possible cause, especially if doctoring doesn't fix the problem.

Were you overclocking on your previous Pre's that had to be replaced? Just curious, that could be important feedback to the webOS internals team.

Let us know how it goes and good luck.
    Jakeeeee, try this one more time, reboot the phone and when it comes back on, toogle the Airplane mode button and see if it comes back on.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  20.    #20  
    Interesting...I'm interested in seeing if the doctor fixes this issue. What clocking speed were you set to? Overclocking does have its risks and can't be ruled out as a possible cause, especially if doctoring doesn't fix the problem.

Were you overclocking on your previous Pre's that had to be replaced? Just curious, that could be important feedback to the webOS internals team.

Let us know how it goes and good luck.
    It's doctoring right now, I forgot to do the Utility but at this point my mind is just telling me to doctor it. I Save/Restore'd everything, so nothing's lost.

I didn't start overclocking until like March or April. The other Pre's were because of a stupid issue after I dropped the phone.
    I was at 1.05 Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Jakeeeee, try this one more time, reboot the phone and when it comes back on, toogle the Airplane mode button and see if it comes back on.
    Nothing happened. I tried toggling from the Device Menu and from holding the power button and it would just say either Airplane mode, or when I tried turning it off, it'd be off but the Icon and Airplane mode would still be there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast