Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Just finished doctoring..Palm profile setup...Phone offline....

I actually can't even do anything. Like the cloud background is there but it just has a spinner trying to load.

Do you think possibly that my phone's modem/antenna is broken?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Just finished doctoring..Palm profile setup...Phone offline....

I actually can't even do anything. Like the cloud background is there but it just has a spinner trying to load.

Do you think possibly that my phone's modem/antenna is broken?
    Bummer, if the doctor didn't fix it, I'd say you have a hardware problem. It's been awhile, but isn't there a built in phone diagnostic that you can run?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Bummer, if the doctor didn't fix it, I'd say you have a hardware problem. It's been awhile, but isn't there a built in phone diagnostic that you can run?
    There's the one in Device Info..but as I said I can't even get to the screen to log in...
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    There's the one in Device Info..but as I said I can't even get to the screen to log in...
    That sucks. You could always try Craigslist. I almost bought a new (insurance replacement) Pre from someone yesterday for $125 with a bunch of extras but figured it would be cheaper to file a claim with Asurion - it will be my first replacement.
    send a PM to hardbeatz to get his coaching...
  6.    #26  
    That sucks. You could always try Craigslist. I almost bought a new (insurance replacement) Pre from someone yesterday for $125 with a bunch of extras but figured it would be cheaper to file a claim with Asurion - it will be my first replacement.
    There's a few on Craigslist, I'm gonna try there and I've PM'ed/e-mailed a couple of people on here.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their quick and helpful responses.
    There's a few on Craigslist, I'm gonna try there
    If you do get one from Craigslist, you may want to considering asking the person to meet you at a Sprint store so you can activate it, that way you'll know it has a good ESN.
  8.    #28  
    If you do get one from Craigslist, you may want to considering asking the person to meet you at a Sprint store so you can activate it, that way you'll know it has a good ESN.
    Is Sprint okay with you like...just buying a new phone and using it?
    Is Sprint okay with you like...just buying a new phone and using it?
    Yep, they don't care where you get the phone, as long as it's a Sprint phone and has a good ESN and is not activated on someone else's account.

I bought a new Treo 800W from someone on another forum but couldn't activate it because the person I bought it from still had it on their account. I thought I got screwed but a few PM's and posts took care of it.

That's why I recommend meeting at a Sprint store, they can tell you if the phone is good to activate on your account, you can then pay the person and everyone is happy.
  10.    #30  
    Yep, they don't care where you get the phone, as long as it's a Sprint phone and has a good ESN and is not activated on someone else's account.

I bought a new Treo 800W from someone on another forum but couldn't activate it because the person I bought it from still had it on their account. I thought I got screwed but a few PM's and posts took care of it.

That's why I recommend meeting at a Sprint store, they can tell you if the phone is good to activate on your account, you can then pay the person and everyone is happy.
    I'll definitely do that if I can. Right now I'm Activation Bypassing on my currently broken one. I was reading the limitations and they were all exactly as my current phone is...so I'm not losing anything. And if all the Craigslist things fail, then I can just reflash my phone to be broken again as it is, and just go to the Sprint store.

On Craigslist, do I just click the e-mail that's on the page of the sale?

Also, what if I buy from someone on here, do I just hope their Pre is off their account?
    On Craigslist, do I just click the e-mail that's on the page of the sale?
    Yes, that should do it. I was lucky because they posted their mobile number and said just to send them a text so that's how I contacted them.

Also, what if I buy from someone on here, do I just hope their Pre is off their account?
    You can always ask them for the ESN and you can check with Sprint to see if it's clear. If it's someone with a good rep, you are probably ok. If it's someone that only has a few posts, I would probably avoid them. I've seen a few people get ripped off on SprintUsers.com forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12