Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    For too long us lowly cricKet pre (and to lesser extent Pixi) users have been somewhat shunned, with information being tragically scarce. I hope that all my cricKet brethren will contribute to this thread and get the most out of our phones!

==========
    Basic Info on Cricket WebOS Roms
    ==========
    As of now, the only Rom we've seen in the wild is locked at version 1.3.1, and updating completely kills your flash. There seem to be a few versions of this rom, some have the custom startup logos, and others do not. Some say "cricKet" in the upper left corner, and others say "cricKet 3G". Personally I have the 3G version.

==========
    Common Problems & Solutions
    ==========
    I cannot sign up for a Palm Profile!
    Unfortunately, there is no solution for this that doesn't involve reflashing your phone. Try to find a nice individual to sign you up for one (I haven't found one yet, so I'm not sure if you can even sign into a profile once you have one.)

I heard I can use lunasend to sign up for an account!
    I'm sorry, but this doesn't work; at least on the 3G rom.

I can't access the App Catalog!
    This is due to not having a palm profile, it sucks, I know.

How can I disable automatic updates so my flash doesn't get messed up?
    First, you will need the terminal app (this comes with the 3G Rom, not sure about others) and you will need to enter these commands, pressing return TWICE (VERY IMPORTANT!!!) to disable auto updates.
    Commands forthcoming, want to double check them

I have the 3G rom and I can't get any data to work!
    The simplest solution is to go to settings in the dialer menu, and enable Data Roaming, but it will limit you to 1XRTT

==============

This is an ongoing thread that will be updated about once a week, please please you cricket guys, share any info you have and report your version that you have working on cricKet. Thanks!
    first question to answer... What the heck is a ROM? I know what it means on other platforms, but it isn't a webOS term I'm familiar with...
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Rom is Read Only Memory. Technically, the pre doesn't have a "ROM" as you know it from traditional non smart phones. In this case, it refers to a special modified version of WebOS that works on the Cricket network. This would include the prl's needed for the phone to work on the CricKet network.
    Awesome idea for a thread Shabadage! This will help a lot of people out, and give us a place to point those with questions.

The main question I see from people though is "How do I get a Pre put on Cricket?". If you (or someone) could put something together detailing the best process for that (if there is one), it would be very helpful. The info above seems to address those already in process as opposed to those who are starting from scratch. Thanks, and nice work!
    you can always just use the fist use app to create a palm profile
    okay if you have cricket flashed with 3g internet just go to first use app and create a profile then you will get a e-mail from palm just verify your profile with palm and then just go to your app catalog then it will open but it will not let you download any apps there some kind of block with palm or to do with the flash to get around that just turn on your wi-fi and go to a wi-fi hot stop and believe it or not it will let you download apps from the app catalog i have done it and it works and when you download anything from the app catalog it will work then on the cricket 3g
    hi well this is just a question hoping i don't get laughed at this...but

my palm pre is flashed to cricket but my pre say sprint on the top right corner
    and im currently running 1.4.1.1 webOS ...here are some problems im having with it..i cant update to the new 1.4.5 webOS

and my palm pre wont stay in sleep mode unless i install an app or patch via quick install..

if any help please feel free to email me at bullet213@ive(DOT)com

I will not spam you im not those low life nothing to do kind of people..
    Now it has come back on and says sprint on the top
    i am unaible to do anything with it now....
    How can this be solved to get my service back to cricket without going to flash again??
    Did that a while back too. An expensive lesson, i think the flash is lost...

i paid to have mine re-flashed...Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabadage View Post
    For too long us lowly cricKet pre (and to lesser extent Pixi) users have been somewhat shunned, with information being tragically scarce. I hope that all my cricKet brethren will contribute to this thread and get the most out of our phones!

==========
    Basic Info on Cricket WebOS Roms
    ==========
    As of now, the only Rom we've seen in the wild is locked at version 1.3.1, and updating completely kills your flash. There seem to be a few versions of this rom, some have the custom startup logos, and others do not. Some say "cricKet" in the upper left corner, and others say "cricKet 3G". Personally I have the 3G version.

==========
    Common Problems & Solutions
    ==========
    I cannot sign up for a Palm Profile!
    Unfortunately, there is no solution for this that doesn't involve reflashing your phone. Try to find a nice individual to sign you up for one (I haven't found one yet, so I'm not sure if you can even sign into a profile once you have one.)

I heard I can use lunasend to sign up for an account!
    I'm sorry, but this doesn't work; at least on the 3G rom.

I can't access the App Catalog!
    This is due to not having a palm profile, it sucks, I know.

How can I disable automatic updates so my flash doesn't get messed up?
    First, you will need the terminal app (this comes with the 3G Rom, not sure about others) and you will need to enter these commands, pressing return TWICE (VERY IMPORTANT!!!) to disable auto updates.
    Commands forthcoming, want to double check them

I have the 3G rom and I can't get any data to work!
    The simplest solution is to go to settings in the dialer menu, and enable Data Roaming, but it will limit you to 1XRTT

==============

This is an ongoing thread that will be updated about once a week, please please you cricket guys, share any info you have and report your version that you have working on cricKet. Thanks!
    I have the Palm Pre Plus by Verizon flashed to the Cricket Network. I love my phone and service for the most part.

Problem is it's on the 1.4 OS. Everything works except Cricket's 3G internet. UGH!!! I can use wifi, mms, text n everything else. I can even dowload apps on wifi. But I reeeeaaaly want 3g internet so I can use my gps and everything else on the go. I dont want to have to find a hot spot to get my internet. What can I do?

Is there a way to get the 1.3 OS without reflashing?
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Any knowledge on the Verizon Pixi Plus being flashed to cricket?

They are CHEAP new-in-box all over the web (Currently $55 on Amazon), and I was wanting to set up someone on a cheap cricket plan and a Pixi Plus.

Seems like the cheapest option for someone to start using WebOS.
    Everyone here seems to be centered in getting "something for nothing"!!!

I say you get what you pay for.

My Verizon contract runs out soon. Can I just go to my local Cricket Store and have my phone (Pre Plus) flashed to Cricket?

Soap
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssoap View Post
    Everyone here seems to be centered in getting "something for nothing"!!!

I say you get what you pay for.

My Verizon contract runs out soon. Can I just go to my local Cricket Store and have my phone (Pre Plus) flashed to Cricket?

Soap
    Stopped at the Best Buy today and asked about getting Cricket on my Verizon Palm Pre plus. I asked if they could flash the phone for cricket. You would have thought I had square eyeballs or something. I called Cricket and was told I'm in a "class 2" service area and Cricket requires that I buy one of their phones to get service.

Anyone have any ideas. I'm in Maryland near Washington DC.
    Hi i'm trying to Flash my Sprint palm pre to cricket did anyone ever have success on flashing it with everything working if you did can you point me in the right direction