Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    when I launch applications, I get a strange black box above the pulsing icon. Any ideas what causes it?

ZumoDrive - maps_2010-01-08_133509.png
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    *bump* anyone? this is really getting annoying (albeit it is only a visual anomaly)
    Your Pre isn't stock, is it.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    No, I've applied some patches from preware. Should I list them out? I just wasn't sure if someone else had seen it before.
    Nope, never seen it myself.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I am patched to the hilt and haven't seen anything like this. Sorry.

FYI - I saw this post when you first put it up, but figured you didn't want a bunch of "Nope, never seen it" posts as they wouldn't do you any good.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    the black box of death

but do not despair

webos doctor

is like a breath of fresh air....
    It looks to me, of course, like a loading thing for the app. Seems they are usually hidden, but something you've installed has made it visible. All of which you've probably figured out on your own and didn't need me to tell you.

Personally, I haven't seen it, either.

You could try the WebOS repair utility or a doctor. If it were me, I'd do that and then slowly reinstall my patches and apps, checking after each one, to see if I could narrow down which one is causing it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!