Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Witty enough for you?

Maybe he has invested his life savings in Palm shares....
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    For Palm it should be "serious". Their app launching strategy could have a flaw and potentially could be a threat to users if they do not review the app feeds properly.
    Palm specifically does not do any review of the beta or web feeds. This is to allow legitimate author to get updates to customers quickly.

The process is working as intended. Scam artists submit rogue apps, Palm is informed, and the apps are pulled from the feeds and the developer account is removed.

If such an app was to appear on the app catalogue feed, *then* it would be serious. But no such thing has happened yet - unless you count the ~1000 spam apps as serious

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post

Maybe he has invested his life savings in Palm shares....
    Then he'd have gotten a wad of cash about a month ago.
    And, I'll add: this is the nature of Palm's more open app distribution system. It's either this--meaning, we need to be careful what we download--or it's Apple's system. Personally, I'll take the freedom that Palm's approach represents over Apple's babysitting. I do the same with my PCs--that is, be careful what I download and install--and so why wouldn't I do the same with my smartphone?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    well apparently it IS fake...well here is a pic if anyone is interestedLogin | Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    What's happening to this thread? Double posts, delays, deletes.
    Another day at the zoo?
    I fixed that now
    I blame my dodgy work internet connection
    hey! Did anyone see the flash app in the app catalog today? Tried to install but said internet not avail. Tried again and now its gone! Anyone else see it or did they move it? Vzw
    Quote Originally Posted by 3109278787 View Post
    hey! Did anyone see the flash app in the app catalog today? Tried to install but said internet not avail. Tried again and now its gone! Anyone else see it or did they move it? Vzw
    I would highly suggest you read the article that was on the front page of this website warning about these FAKE apps in the catalog.

Here's the link:
    http://www.precentral.net/fake-apps-beta-web-feed
    Thanx. Wasn't aware they could even do that. Wondered why no one mentioned it...
  12.    #72  
    Thanx. Wasn't aware they could even do that. Wondered why no one mentioned it...
    It's been mentioned extensively here, on webOSroundup, and on many twitter feeds (including @webosinternals). You might want to extend your information sources ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    hey! Did anyone see the flash app in the app catalog today? Tried to install but said internet not avail. Tried again and now its gone! Anyone else see it or did they move it? Vzw... Thanx. Wasn't aware they could even do that. Wondered why no one mentioned it...

oh boy... Shaking my head.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234