Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It shows up in the feed for my Sprint Pre, but I get the same "not a valid WebOS application" error.

Too bad. I was pretty excited to see it in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Yep its a fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    why would they have it on precentral if it was fake?
    If you mean why does it appear on the precentral gallery its because its just a viewer of the data from palm.

Another company for the blacklist.
    Can't anyone control the idiots who put these fake/useless apps in the feeds?
    the title of this thread needs the word fake in it... because that appears to be yet another bogus app. I wonder what bad thing they are getting from the phone of anyone that tries to download it...
    Its fake. I installed it.. it installs as POSWev. I didn't run it.. just deleted it..
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    are these in the app catalog or just preware? I didn't see them in the app catalog so can palm do anything about it if it's just in preware?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    are these in the app catalog or just preware? I didn't see them in the app catalog so can palm do anything about it if it's just in preware?
    "Beware of three scam apps in the Palm Beta and Web feeds"

You will see them in any application installer which accesses these Palm app catalog feeds. There are now a number of such utilities in homebrew and the app catalog.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I knew it was too good to be true.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Well I was really excited for a moment there..... The horrible misspellings in the description were a pretty good indicator that it's a fake though.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    So that is fake?

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...-101-installer

I was just about to post asking about this.
    Yes, it's fake too.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thanks for the info Rod

Palm should create a "report" flag for any app. If it receives over like 100 reports it gets hidden from the App Catalogue.

Cheers
    Vas
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Rod, does the flash installer have any code (it's 200kb bigger than the others) I'm spammed the #webos twitter with warning hopefully noone will be fooled. "opera mini" already has 800+ dls
    the developer name tells you it's a problem... everyone should send a tweet to @palm
    if you want a fun "flash" app, check this out. I just ran across it and it's a clever idea. It randomly reports how many days until flash is released for webOS... which is apparently what Adobe has been using all along...

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...lash-countdown
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    My head nearly exploded when I saw the Flash Installer, but just a lame white screen. Couldn't Precenter, Inc at least have been bothered to make the app display Rick Astley music videos? At least then it would be funny.

Also, wot is up with the Moon icon they use? How odd. And the Opera/Android app is the most confusing description in the world.

Seriously though Flash Installer, push WHAT button more than once?
    Just got scammed with the Flash Installer Beta! I was excited to have flash. I was like "OMG I gotta go on Precentral to see what they say about flash!!". First I downloaded the app. When into it. Guess what I saw? A BLANK screen. There goes my hopes of FINALLY having flash. I thought maybe something was wrong with my phone or maybe it was just taking awhile to load. Then I came on here to find that many scam apps had been released. Well, this SUCKS. But, when I checked who developed the app, it said Palm. The dev could of been lying, or maybe Palm really did release this, but accidentally forgot to remove a MAJOR bug. If the dev was lying, the dev sucks, AND I hope this encourages palm to finally to get Flash out there. If Palm had a major bug, I hope they fix it soon, and how the heck do you not catch a bug with a completely BLANK screen?? Ooh how I want flash
    This is unfortunate to be sure. This developer should be banned completely.
    This was probably to fool you all because Froyo is coming this week for all major android phones, with Flash support.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast