1.    #1  
    So I was changing the oil on my bike. After I was done i reached in my pocket to respond to a text and I dropped my phone in the oil pan. It was completely submerged. Still works. The kicker is there are black shadows on my screen. Most likely from oil being between the screen and the leds..... I think. They keep shifting every once and a while too lol. Anyways wondering if anyone knew of a way of getting it out without opening up the phone. Also I have insurance for the phone and was wondering if I should uninstall the UberKernal before telling them i dropped it. lol
    lay it on the end and see if the oil runs out over night...
    I think that phone is dunzo. I would remove the kernal just in case if that is possible.
    You could always follow the disassembly guide and take it apart, then clean the inside.

I would suggest the use of 98% isopropyle alcohol.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    You could always follow the disassembly guide and take it apart, then clean the inside.

I would suggest the use of 98% isopropyle alcohol.
    Wouldn't that void my warranty/chance of replacing it with my insurance on the fone?
    Yeah, I guess it would. It's still an idea if you want to do it yourself.
    void warranty,yes,,mess up yr insurance,,no. W the insurance you will pay 100 bucks to replace,,u don't even need the phone(lost or stolen)and you can replace it for 100 bucks w insurance. I would not worry if you are going the insurance route.
    Definitely. Tear that puppy apart and see what you can do. Certainly can't make it any worse.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    drop it in some rice
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    drop it in some rice
    that's not going to do anything it's not water. That phone is a dead x_x