Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scytherfwd View Post
    I'll give it a shot. My WebOS Quick Install doesn't recognize the device either, which it should be able to do with it in "Just Charge" mode right?
    Either reboot ur computer or goto services, stop and restart "Palm Novacom" service. See if that helps.
  2.    #22  
    novacom service was restarted. The system has been rebooted multiple times.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    novacom service was restarted. The system has been rebooted multiple times.
    Sorry, can't help much then.
    Only suggestion, try a different USB slot of the system, if that doesn't work too, try a different system if possible.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    RMB - Yes and yes. Disabling it didn't work to get back my usbmode option, and neither did uninstalling it.
    I was going back and reading ur posts, did u make sure that you un-installed it while it was disabled?

Uninstalling while enabled will still have the same affect as it being enabled on ur Pre.
  5.    #25  
    RMB - Yes, I did disable it before I uninstalled it. I can't get my computer to see the device in any manner. It skips the usb mode / just charging prompt when it is plugged in, and I dont get a usb NDIS device either. I'll have to see if I can get the device repaired, but I'm not sure if that will do anything different than the full out doctor I just performed. This problem is persisting through a webos doctor for 1.4.2 with att.
  6.    #26  
    No, I didn't I'll also try that in the morning. Doctor wouldn't even look at my device till I rebooted it. Only then did it see my pre and do it's thing. I think dr. grabbed the pre before the gui loaded. I have tried a sym+orange+u to get it to drop into usb mode without luck as well.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    You can also try installing USB passthrough again, set it to enable and disable alternately.

Try connecting to computer while it's disabled. Try it a few times.
  8.    #28  
    rmb - I deleted all of my addon programs. I can't get preware back on because the PC won't recognize the pre is plugged in, the pre won't give the option to go into usb mode (both with the app installed via preware and via orange+sym+u)
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Panic mode, huh?

well, try a doctor from Recovery Mode (reboot while holding volume up button) as GuyFromNam suggested.
  10.    #30  
    RMB. Not panic at all. I tried something a couple times, it didn't work, so I started removing anything that wasn't stock until it would work. I removed anything that wasn't stock in order to eliminate any incompatibilities with the OS that hadn't been noticed. When that didn't work, I continued to work at it. When you have nothing left to remove, many times it is easier to just reset back to factory defaults, which I was mistaken and thought doctor did. I now see that dr. didn't do that as it didn't wipe my drive. The pictures are backed up, so losing them is no biggie, and the music is backed us as well. I suspect that usb passthrough just commented out a couple of lines in a config file, and that is why I tried to doctor it... hoping the config file would be re-written. That didn't work, so now I'm looking for ideas.
    you can use 1.3.1 sprint doctor (i have used it on gsm O2 Pre to restore original usb drive content and filesystem) and right afther restore you should doctor to 1.4.1
  12.    #32  
    If the recovery mode doesn't work, I'll give that a shot. Thanks chalx. I had read elsewhere on this forum that 1.3.1 didn't blow everything out, but 1.2 did, which is why I was looking for 1.2. If either will work, I'll try both (until one works). I have another member sending me 1.2 tomorrow when I can get an account to an online storage system, so I'll have a good starting base. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Scythe
    If the recovery mode doesn't work, I'll give that a shot. Thanks chalx. I had read elsewhere on this forum that 1.3.1 didn't blow everything out, but 1.2 did, which is why I was looking for 1.2. If either will work, I'll try both (until one works). I have another member sending me 1.2 tomorrow when I can get an account to an online storage system, so I'll have a good starting base. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Scythe
    I am just now reading this post. It seems to me that you don't need an older Dr. You just need to run the "Erase USB drive" from the system info app reset options, then Dr. to the latest Dr. After those two things, your Pre will be as clean as the wind driven snow.

If you still have a USB issue then it is not a software problem on your Pre.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  14.    #34  
    Well, all. Got it sorted. I brought it up into restore mode (holding the volume up while booting) and everything showed up. My just charge, my usb mode, and my media sync mode. I then did a secure wipe to basically reset the phone to fresh and new, in the same vein as what pastorrich1 suggested but on a more thorough level. Rebooted and everything came up fine. I enabled usbnet from the cli using webosqi instead and I haven't had any problems since. I'll be going back through and adding patches 1 at a time to see if I encounter any probs, but I suspect it was usb passthrough since it was the last thing done.

GUY, RMB, NACHO and PASTOR... thanks for the suggestions. I learned quite a bit through this... hopefully it'll be long enough until I have to do it again that I have forgotten it. That should take a couple of years.
    If anyone is still interested, here's a rapidshare link to the Sprint webOSdoctor 1.2.1

Sorry guys had to remove link. Didn't realize it was "illegal"?
    Last edited by Gaurav; 08/06/2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: removed link

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Ex-effin-cuse me?
    A moderator linking to illegally distributed software?

I have a link to ALL versions.
    Want it? Can't have it. :P

Removed the link. However, I'm not sure what you mean by illegally distributed. This was official webOSdoctor released by Palm and linked all over the interwebs for anyone to download from Palm's official site and various others. I removed the link because Palm does not want users doctoring to an older version of webos for possibly various technical reasons and also it a policy here on P|C not to do so as well which I was not aware. Anyway, if anyone really wants to get the 1.2.1, they can find it if they look hard enough...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12