Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have used Quick Install on a number of different Machines (1 XP, 2 Vista) with no problems. When I 'upgraded' to Win I saw that I had to install Novacom before I install Quick Install.

I followed Jay Canuck's install guide and I have everything set-up, but now when I open Quick Install a black dialog box opens up and closes. It does not even stay open long enough for me to see what it says.

Yesterday my brother, who also has Win7, completely overlooked that special set-up and just installed Quick Install by itself. And with no hassle, Quick Install installed Novacom and downloaded webOS Doctor also.

I have uninstalled and restarted and installed again with the same result, any suggestions?
    That seems odd, my initial reaction would be to wonder whether or not you've got the latest version of Java installed.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I do. I believe when I followed Jay Canuck's instructions (I followed exactly, no errors) that it messed with the Novacom, and set it inoperable. However, despite uninstalling it, it still does not work.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

I was able to grab a screenshot of it, barely. I uploaded to Flickr, link in post. Hope it can help someone help me.

"http://www.flickr.com/photos/trax22/4847684456/"
    Hmm. Certainly doesn't look like a novacom problem. Two things to try:

1) Uninstall, then reinstall Java and reboot (I say this because the error is being returned when running java.exe as you can see in the screenshot).

2) Delete WebOS Quick Install and redownload it - it may be corrupt.

Out of interest are you running at 64bit or 32bit?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    32bit, going to try ur suggestion.
    Hi... here are a couple of suggestions. First... delete your WOSQI jar and download again... if you already have a copy of the new doctor start it without having your pre attached to your computer... it will uninstall novacom and then reinstall it... after that hit cancel and close it down.

Go to java.com and instead of downloading a web browser version of java go into other versions and download the Java Runtime Environment or JRE (I cant remember how deep it is buried in links, two or three levels... tell it to download java, then other versions, then 1 more link and you should be golden I think) This should really not be needed... but WOSQI would not work on my Win 7 machine at all till I did this.

<Edit> Restart your machine.

After that... start WOSQI for the first time since the download and you should be good to go.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I'm using 7 x64 and had the same thing my first time installing it, I got frustrated and uninstalled everything including java and started over and it worked, so good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by saves View Post
    I'm using 7 x64 and had the same thing my first time installing it, I got frustrated and uninstalled everything including java and started over and it worked, so good luck!
    Same issues the first time I installed on x64... deleted everything and started over. That fixed it up
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Errade: No luck man.

Bluewanders: When I run webos Doctor it just opens the black dialog box for less than a second.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    What do you guys mean delete everything. I think I tried that.

Deleted:
    Quick Install
    webOS Doctor
    Novacom
    Java

then after a reboot I reinstalled everything, with the same result
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    It's Working!

Weirdest thing.

I right-clicked on the doctor and browsed for java, there was 2 different Java SE Binary for some reason, tried the second one and it worked like a charm. ?!?!?!?