1.    #1  
    hello precentral readers, i have had a pre for about 10 months and my calls and bluetooth cut out if i move my phone in any sensitive manner. my headset stays mode stays on even after trying all the suggestions on this site. will it be easier to return phone to sprint or palm? i would rather have a new phone and not a refurb with all the bugs in hardware. what is your advice on a return.
    Sprint, Sprint, Sprint. You may be able to call technical support and get them to send you one without walking into a repair store. Next day shipping, no charge, just send your borked phone back in two weeks.
  3.    #3  
    but is it a refurb unit?
    Probably, all mine have been, but they have been great for me. If you want a new one, you'll want to enter a store. A better chance to get them there.

Palm will most definitely give you a refurb.
  5.    #5  
    hey thanks, i got a phone being shipped through sprint, it is a refurb though. do you know if the refurbs come with a new set of headphones
    I don't think so.
    But if it does that'll be great to have an extra pair.
    These headphones are really good.
    I'm still running strong with the ones from my first one.
    I just ordered my 2nd Pre from Sprint through insurance today due to damage to the volume button and USB connector.
    Should get here Monday.
    I think mine will be new though, insurance covered like $500 bucks I think the guy said, only had to pay $100.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    I don't think so.
    But if it does that'll be great to have an extra pair.
    These headphones are really good.
    I'm still running strong with the ones from my first one.
    I just ordered my 2nd Pre from Sprint through insurance today due to damage to the volume button and USB connector.
    Should get here Monday.
    I think mine will be new though, insurance covered like $500 bucks I think the guy said, only had to pay $100.
    It will still be a refurb... youll see when you get the package.
    Refurb for me came with phone, battery, and charger.

I love the headphones too, so if you really want another pair, check ebay. Someone on there sells them for like $2 a pair, lol. I bought a few.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by influenze View Post
    hey thanks, i got a phone being shipped through sprint, it is a refurb though. do you know if the refurbs come with a new set of headphones
    I'm surprised you got an exchange through Sprint. The power button on my phone failed. I called Sprint and they were not helpful at all. Said I could claim service on my insurance and that it would cost $100 to $500 dollars. I said it was a warranty issue. They said I would have to claim service under the insurance.

I called Palm. Palm had me ship the phone to them and they will repair/replace under warranty.

I hate that Sprint service has so deteriorated. When my Pre died in November of last year, Sprint was very helpful.

Sad. Sprint was the best of the best. With service declining and charging $120 per year extra for a new phone, I may have to change carriers.

I hate that.
  10.    #10  
    they mentioned nothing of paying any fees... hmm makes me wonder if i incurred a charge.
    If tech support sends you a phone, you don't get charged. If you have to go throug insurance though, you have to pay $100. Just make sure you send it back within 15 days!! It'll tell you in the packaging when you get your phone.
    Just got back from the Sprint store. They replaced my daughters Pre on the spot no questions asked. It had a power button problem.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCity View Post
    Just got back from the Sprint store. They replaced my daughters Pre on the spot no questions asked. It had a power button problem.
    I was hoping so bad that they would have done that.
    But I suppose there's different options for different problems.

Feels good to get a new phone regardless, it's like Christmas all over again. Except you know exactly what you're getting. Lol.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCity View Post
    Must be nice to have a real Sprint store to go to.

I am glad your problem resolved so quickly and well. Why do you suppose phone support has declined so much?