Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a patch to turn the signal strength into actual numbers (decibels)?
    Quote Originally Posted by cerktman View Post
    Does anyone know of a patch to turn the signal strength into actual numbers (decibels)?
    Any reason why? Decibels tell nothing to most people, whereas the bars are very intuitive.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
    Any reason why? Decibels tell nothing to most people, whereas the bars are very intuitive.
    I am tired of seeing bars, that really tell me nothing. Tell me, what does 3 bars of signal really mean? What is the actual value of signal that I am receiving at this moment in time? Signal bars were put into place for the average consumer because they're visually appealing. I'm beyond that now. I can change the bar indicators on my blackberrys to a numerical value. Just was wondering if the same can be done with the Pre. Or if you know of a diagnostic screen that can be accessed that tells me this info.

I can change the battery indicator into a percentage to get a better idea of whats left and was just wondering if a customization was available to do this. I like the Pre so much better than all of the other smartphones I've owned so far.
    I know you can view the dBm in a settings thing. I forget what the code is but it's ##something#, for Sprint at least. I think it's possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.