1.    #1  
    I'm on Vaction in Mexico and a few days ago I tried to watch "Capatilism is a Lovve Story" on my Pre but quickly noticed the speaker had died. It sounds very carackly and the volume is very low no matter what.

I hardly use the speaker except for the occasional call when driving, youtube video w/ friend, and maybe 1 full movie.

I've had 5 replacements already and now need yet another. I chatted with Palm an they said they could I've me a refurb which is good but since it's clearly a hardware failure I think a new device would be needed.

I've heard of speakers dying but 'this' quick...
    and................. is there a question or something here? Typically a new thread should have something to invite people to start conversation or some such... like "do you guys think it could be something else?" or "Does anyone know of a fix for this?" or some such... otherwise it just sort of sounds like you are whining pointlessly into the computer screen... with no clear topical destination.
    Looking at your post history I see nothing but negative trolling posts about the Pre. You obviously don't like the phone so maybe it is time to move on to another platform.

Just my 2 cents.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo