Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    It's bad enough they were charging $70 for the touchstone charger during launch now the Pre still cost the same as it did when it launched. Every other carrier are selling Pre Plus for under $100. I doubt there going be a rush of folks buying the sprint pre soon, so why keep the price over $200?
  2. #2  
    probably don't want to run out before the Pre+ arrives...
  3. #3  
    Also, the Pre under contract is NOT selling for what it did at launch.

    2 price drops from what I remember maybe just one, but I know it's not the same price.
  4. #4  
    So no one buys it, thus they won't run out of stock of replacement Pre's.
  5. #5  
    we are a higher class of customer over here on sprint, if ya want to play with us you gotta pay... Keeps out the riffraff
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    So no one buys it, thus they won't run out of stock of replacement Pre's.
    +1
    hahaha
  7. #7  
    The reason the sprint pre is more than a pre plus is because after a few months of service you will have paid that price several times over
  8. #8  
    Unless you have a corporate account with Verizon, then you actually pay less then Sprint for owning a Pre Plus!
  9. RPh59's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Unless you have a corporate account with Verizon, then you actually pay less then Sprint for owning a Pre Plus!
    I get a 20% corporate discount on Sprint, so it's still probably cheaper in the long run.
  10. sjf7351's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #10  
    Sprint wants to push people to HTC EVO. They have lost interest in the Pre and anything Palm. To bad cause the Pre is a great phone even with its fault.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by richbarr View Post
    I get a 20% corporate discount on Sprint, so it's still probably cheaper in the long run.
    I only get 15% and not on my simply everything plan. They won't discount that. My wife's plan gets it.
  12. #12  
    It depends on your corporate discount. Get 22%, but Verizon cell reception & 3G coverage is king where I am...so that is also something to consider. Plus, get a Pre Plus...
  13. #13  
    It's because Sprint Pre's are Chuck Norris Pre's.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
  14. mdavis113's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    we are a higher class of customer over here on sprint, if ya want to play with us you gotta pay... Keeps out the riffraff
    Nice theory. Doesn't explain how this member of the Great Unwashed got in, though. Oh, that's right; I used the back door (Best Buy)
  15. #15  
    They cost more for the same reason Sprint's rally chant is:

    "We're number three! We're number three! We're number three!"
  16. iMando's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #16  
    Because they don't want anymore problems. They dont even give out pre's anymore, they give out pixi's for warranty exchanges.
  17. gonk24's Avatar
    Posts
    122 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCity View Post
    It's because Sprint Pre's are Chuck Norris Pre's.

    This. Don't doubt it, cause it won't end well for you


  18. #18  
    Historical purposes. Things that are older cost more.

    Well that's just an opinion and it's mine so you can't have it.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  19. #19  
    It's not just the Pre, sprint doesn't drop prices on any of its smartphones. The Hero is still 150 as well. Unless they're having a "sale" no price drops ever from what I can tell.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatichedgehog View Post
    It's not just the Pre, sprint doesn't drop prices on any of its smartphones. The Hero is still 150 as well. Unless they're having a "sale" no price drops ever from what I can tell.
    Completely true.....well, except for the Pixi, Pre, Hero, Moment, HTC Snap, Touch Pro 2...basically the entire last-gen lineup.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions